Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Doing my research right now for my monday plays. The other 2 breh might have already done their homework though. Ill let the board know what i come up with though when im finished

I haven't done a lot of research for Monday yet.. I've had a crazy weekend so far :francis:

One thing I'm looking at is the therapeutics KPTI. They have legit investors and they have FDA approvals coming up end of June plus other drugs in the pipeline.

I'm watching it close. It's at $17. It has a great history of spiking up big leading into news. There's a lot of $25 calls out there, so I'm watching it for a couple reasons

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Listen if @Doomsday is right about XSPA which he probably is, you gotta have a brokerage that allows you to get in in the premarket. Getting in at 7am or so is way better than getting in at 9:30am :mjlol:

Only using Robinhood so far, which has premarket trading at 9am the earliest i believe. i should have hopped on it Last week but i had cold feet.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Only using Robinhood so far, which has premarket trading at 9am the earliest i believe. i should have hopped on it Last week but i had cold feet.

:aicmon: .... it's not your fault. A lot of beginners use Robin Hood for some reason I guess it's popular with the early 20's crowd but I suggest sometime in the future to hop off that and get with a better brokerage. They are all free to use now.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
totally missed out on HTZ :deadmanny:

lesson learned. when a company announces bankruptcy just buy the damn stock cuz it will pop after the rock bottom. but the problem is that i didn't even know Hertz went bankrupt. :mjcry:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
on my short watchlist for this week.

VISL
SAVA
PRTY
BIOC

on my long watchlist for this week

XSPA
TWOU
WYND
EOG

XSPA is interesting to me brehs. i know yall been shorting this stock. i kinda like the business model. i gotta do some more research on this, but i might just buy it and keep it long. remember this shyt popped like mofo back then.

TWOU is still relatively cheap and has been down past few days. i would like to get in at $30

WYND - which i didn't like, but anything that 'reopens' gotta worth a look.

EOG - still very much undervalued. this is the oil stock to buy for me. after clearing up some cap room, ima get in. hopefully below $50

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The amount of times I've seen XSPA on here and every other stock sites I look at is crazy. FOMO is killing me.
Now I see CNN has the 12 month forecast at $18
Smh stocking up 1st thing Monday morning
:unimpressed:

I’m legit playing with money on xspa. Who got the real DD on where this stock is supposed to get to. Thought it was short term play, but if a g becomes 18 in a year, well :patrice:

Is xspa the next big play?

Just me and @wire28 on our way

to-the-moon-album-art.jpg

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
totally missed out on HTZ :deadmanny:

lesson learned. when a company announces bankruptcy just buy the damn stock cuz it will pop after the rock bottom. but the problem is that i didn't even know Hertz went bankrupt. :mjcry:
:dwillhuh:

How sway? I figure bankruptcy means stock = :trash:

I guess it matters if it 7 vs 11?

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
how early can i get in on monday morning with fidelity for xspa?
Ive only used robinhood for aftermarket and premarket trades

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
:aicmon: .... it's not your fault. A lot of beginners use Robin Hood for some reason I guess it's popular with the early 20's crowd but I suggest sometime in the future to hop off that and get with a better brokerage. They are all free to use now.

one more dumb beginner question breh.

is there a hold time minimum of sorts when it comes to selling?

example: i buy a bunch of stock monday, and then tuesday im happy with the quick double in returns and sell it all. Is that fine? Or do i need to wait a minimum of certain time to sell or i get a flag on my account?

ive heard about people getting hit with non day trader violations or something.

:ohlawd:Thank you my brehs, your knowledge is affecting my life more than any damn hs teacher i had.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Experienced stock brehs, do bankrupt stocks usually jump after the initial drop? Both HTZ and JCP doubled after the big drop. Is this something I should be on the lookout for or is that highly unusual behavior.

@igottabaldhead You get three day trades every 5 days, if you go over that amount you can lose that privilege for 90 days. A day trade means you bought and sold a stock on the same day. If you sell the next day then it's fine. Most brokerages tell you how many day trades you have left. If you have over 25k in your account you can day trade as much as you want though.

Don't buy any penny stocks if you don't have day trades left. You gotta be able to get out them shyts in a hurry.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Experienced stock brehs, do bankrupt stocks usually jump after the initial drop? Both HTZ and JCP doubled after the big drop. Is this something I should be on the lookout for or is that highly unusual behavior.

@igottabaldhead you get three day trades every 5 days before your account loses those privileges for 90 days. A day trade means you bought and sold a stock on the same day. If you sell the next day then it's fine. Most brokerages tell you how many day trades you have left.
go look at what sears did back after october a few years ago

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I haven't done a lot of research for Monday yet.. I've had a crazy weekend so far :francis:

One thing I'm looking at is the therapeutics KPTI. They have legit investors and they have FDA approvals coming up end of June plus other drugs in the pipeline.

I'm watching it close. It's at $17. It has a great history of spiking up big leading into news. There's a lot of $25 calls out there, so I'm watching it for a couple reasons

ive had kpti on my watchlist for months

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looks like my funds available to trade increased so I'm ready for Monday. Got like 9k in my retirement ira and 1900 in my Roth. In my retirement ira gonna get 1k shares of XSPA and then 500 in my Roth. Then if GNUS drops under $5 or maybe lower hopefully, might get 500 shares in my retirement ira. That should leave me with about 2k. Might look for another mutual fund or just hold it there. Now if I get 500 shares of xspa in my Roth I should have some money left over to play with. Gotta see what else I get. Prolly something under a $1 so I can get a few hundred shares. See what else is hot at the moment and what I own that I can get out of.