Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

无名的

Superstar
Daps
:skip:

you guys hit a little volatility in the market and you all stop posting....these pot stocks are a lot of market risk....not to mention they're mostly penny stocks

I'm tired of watching stock news. The only thing fluctuating more than stocks is analyst opinion. Vacillating between an inevitable 1929 like crash that will put us back into bread lines to continued bullish growth.

:stopitslime:

This is why I can't stand day trading. Long term value investing allows you to mostly ignore this bullshyt.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
think they will use it to make acquisitions...i been doing some more reading and im staying out...might be done with weed stocks for now

that's what the sentiment is but at some point you have to dilute to raise the funds
also i question the viability with tobacco companies in the shadows - there's no reason a billion dollar company already harvesting tobacco can't get into the weed market...but i will play short term possibly

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
that's what the sentiment is but at some point you have to dilute to raise the funds
also i question the viability with tobacco companies in the shadows - there's no reason a billion dollar company already harvesting tobacco can't get into the weed market...but i will play short term possibly

I think big pharma will get into the game before big tobacco. Its very labor intensive to trim plants so the next step is to just take whole plants and process them into extractions. They just started making legit THC pills, ointments, and similar products. The extract game is where the big businesses will thrive and not in the flowers.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Owner of the co. that makes marlboro probably will

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I'm tired of watching stock news. The only thing fluctuating more than stocks is analyst opinion. Vacillating between an inevitable 1929 like crash that will put us back into bread lines to continued bullish growth.

:stopitslime:

This is why I can't stand day trading. Long term value investing allows you to mostly ignore this bullshyt.

just buy vanguard index funds. They got pretty much the lowest costs I've seen

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Medical marijuana gains traction in the Deep South

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

old-miss-marijuana-farm-01.jpg

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Someone explain this shyt to me...

My EPE hit a low a few days ago of $16.75. It closed Friday at $17.57.

Someone sold six shares @ $16.70 in after hours. Lower than the lowest low.

Did they transpose numbers and think they were asking $17.60? An honest mistake?

Or was that a psychological game to make stupid people who don't research think the after hours price plummeted, which will cause panic sellers to dump shares, drive down the price, and let others scoop up cheaper shares?

:dwillhuh:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Someone explain this shyt to me...

My EPE hit a low a few days ago of $16.75. It closed Friday at $17.57.

Someone sold six shares @ $16.70 in after hours. Lower than the lowest low.

Did they transpose numbers and think they were asking $17.60? An honest mistake?

Or was that a psychological game to make stupid people who don't research think the after hours price plummeted, which will cause panic sellers to dump shares, drive down the price, and let others scoop up cheaper shares?

:dwillhuh:
only 6 shares were sold bra woopty doo...if the price plummets because of uninformed sellers i'll buy and flip it myself :bayer:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
only 6 shares were sold bra woopty doo...if the price plummets because of uninformed sellers i'll buy and flip it myself :bayer:

I'm just wondering what happened...

Because people are stupid. The EPE Message Board on Yahoo! Finance had someone showing concern that the After Hours price plummeted. People are dumb, breh.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have 250k of LATF at the moment though. Up 94% from last week. Hoping it hits a couple pennies, then I'm out. Rinse and repeat

LATF has been a gem so far. Bought it 2 weeks ago at .0036, up 152% and that's not even considering the day high of .0108

This is my favorite pot play right now. They actually have revenue from their seafood division. Do a little more research before you make your decision but I'm thinking this will be a niceee flip over the next few days/ weeks

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Goldman Partners Exercise $77 Million of 2008 Options
By Michael J. Moore Feb 10, 2014 4:09 PM ET
6 Comments Email Print
Save
FebAprJunAugOctDec140.00160.00180.00* Price chart for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC. Click flags for important stories. GS:US161.00-0.93 -0.57%
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) partners exercised options awarded at the end of 2008, benefiting from a doubling in the firm’s stock price since the financial crisis.

Sixty-four partners exercised options last month that yielded them $77 million in shares, after covering the cost of the options and some tax withholding, according to a Feb. 7 regulatory filing. Gregory A. Agran, who runs the New York-based firm’s commodities unit, received $7.1 million of stock, while Steve Strongin, 55, head of global investment research, netted $4 million.

In December 2008, Goldman Sachs granted 36 million options in an effort to give top performers an incentive to stay after the bank reduced pay costs by almost half during the financial crisis. That grant was more than five times the number of options the firm awarded in the three previous years.

The options show that Wall Street employees received substantial awards even after the largest U.S. banks accepted government support amid the worst credit crisis since the Great Depression. They also echo regulators’ desire to have bonuses tie employee incentives to the long-term performance of the bank, as partners have had to wait more than five years to reap the gains.

Photographer: Scott Eells/Bloomberg
A trader works in the Goldman Sachs Group Inc. booth on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.

Top Executives
The options vested over three years ended in January 2012, and shares gained through such awards couldn’t be sold until this year. More than 34.1 million options were still outstanding at the end of 2012. The contracts would be collectively worth about $2.86 billion today if none had been exercised, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Banks typically book the cost of stock awards when they vest.

Partners exercised 1.73 million options on Jan. 27, according to last week’s filing. David Wells, a Goldman Sachs spokesman, declined to comment on the filing.

The investment bank’s top leaders didn’t receive the options, as Chief Executive Officer Lloyd C. Blankfein, 59, and President Gary D. Cohn, 53, took no bonus for 2008. Chief Financial Officer Harvey M. Schwartz, 49, who was co-head of the firm’s trading unit in 2008, has 302,888 options, according to a filing last year.

The awards were granted at an exercise price of $78.78. The shares closed last week at $161.93, after climbing more than 38 percent each of the past two years.

The Feb. 7 filing listed 426 partners, who owned 11 percent of common shares. That was down from 462 partners owning 11.6 percent a year earlier.

To contact the reporter on this story: Michael J. Moore in New York at mmoore55@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Peter Eichenbaum at peichenbaum@bloomberg.net
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-10/goldman-partners-exercise-77-million-of-2008-options.html

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
someone put together a good analysis of MJ stocks and where they stand currently. IF I was an investor I'd only be looking at those who are transparent and fully reporting. Cash on hand would be next, withi the float, and capitalization being something of interest as well.

Based on this it's obvious taht GWPH is the best (hence the tier 1 status), I'd actually stay away from CANV and MDBX (just based on the chart), I'd be interested in MJNA despite it's non-report status but be wary due to its high OS and float % but with 2 million cash on hand and using compeittor multiples it looks like it should be higher. While, I'd like to invest in TRTC it looks like they are heading towards dilution with a90% float and little cash on hand.

21313501-13914688255175095-Tony-Ghadieh_origin.png