Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Is there a possibility that Amazon, tesla or google ever do a stock split :jbhmm:

Tesla would probably double their money overnight.
Seems unlikely but out of those only Tesla would be a possibility since they still technically not profitable

google balance sheet is pretty much perfect

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Why should they? People who can’t afford their full shares can buy fractions of a share at brokerages now anyway. Most companies don’t do stock splits anymore unless it’s a reverse one.
Because like serious said it gives the companies access to more investors. A stock like Telsa if it did 7:1 like apple did im 2014 market cap and money raised would explode from new investors.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
with fractional shares and ETFs many view a stock split as having little to no impact on their company. A stock split could invite new investors but on the other hand some companies feel it's better to have the prestige of a large buy in tag.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

tenor.gif

:wow:I gotta throw some more money in premarket we taking off...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Because like serious said it gives the companies access to more investors. A stock like Telsa if it did 7:1 like apple did im 2014 market cap and money raised would explode from new investors.
The so called new investors are already buying fractional shares at all major brokerages or buying them from ETFs. Stock splits make it easier for shorts.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
The so called new investors are already buying fractional shares at all major brokerages or buying them from ETFs. Stock splits make it easier for shorts.
Personally if I can't afford something I'm not buying fractional shares thats just me though. I'd like to be a real Google investor someday

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
berkshire hatheway is still close to their 52-week low. that's great value and there's gotta be a company they're eyeing to takeover or drop a lot of cash on. i'm gonna start a position soon. i still trust warren buffett and his team.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
:francis: you'd be up a lot if you jumped in last week. That's all I'll say.

:blessed: Never too late though:ehh:

Just watch out for some dips / manipulation along the way. :hubie:
I'm seeing something about them maybe being associated with the Atlanta hawks on stocktwits..you know anything about that