Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I legit created my own etf on M1 financing that literally mimicked some of their stocks before I came across them.

I'm about to make stupid money on m1 finance :wow:

And if the economy tanks I can easily throw more money into.
Did the same thing but without most of there really risky plays and adding FANG im just gonna keep added 500 ever other week to its ten K

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right now, more than at any other time, no one knows what will happen 6-12 months down the line. We may not even get a vaccine (Why we might not get a coronavirus vaccine).

Airlines like Delta are burning cash. They've had to acquire a lot of debt (which comes from future earnings). Their previous stock price was artificially inflated from stock buy backs, which they're no longer allowed to do with their bailout money. In the future it's unlikely air travel will be as much as it was pre-covid (more business meetings being on Zoom, for example, or with the recession deepening, there'll be less disposable income for people to spend on flights). There's a reason Warren Buffett sold his airline stocks at a loss.

The stock market is totally disconnected from reality at this point, and has only bounced back because of the Fed pumping 2.3 trillion dollars into the economy. Meanwhile, unemployment will likely reach 25%. The economy is in the worst shape it's been for a century.

Listen to the what the OGs say: Ray Dalio, Warren Buffett... they're all warning of a Great Depression. Get ready.
Glad you typed it out, I didnt feel like it

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Was the market ahead of the economy in 2007? No - they kept a secret as long as they could and in many cases enough time to short to cover what they stood to lose.

While that statement is true in many cases know this. A lot of money is getting pumped into the tech stocks by young traders who have no idea that this market is an instrument to take the money from those who don't have the acumen needed to survive. A rug pull will come again and be smooth and devistative.

I am still short and will continue to be. Once the TRUE valuation for some of these companies that are getting pumped you will see a significant drop.

I mean come on. Chipotle trading at all time highs and they are asking for their landlords to negotiate leases and are not paying rent. This is a pixie dust market and I hate to see it but many are going to feel the pain in the next 6 months.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Listen to the what the OGs say: Ray Dalio, Warren Buffett... they're all warning of a Great Depression. Get ready.

even if all that happens i don't have to be ready.. I am in a position where I can short everything.. What did I say about mitigating losses?

Again, you are looking at what could happen. That was already priced in. What's happening now is every time there is news such as "flights are back to March levels" or something like that the stock sees an increase in price..

The market moves on speculation. Listen to Charlie from Ziptrader. The speculation doesn't need to be reality.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Powell: "I haven't used all of the Feds tools, not by a long shot.."

:troll:

The Fed can't save every single business (small & large). Hertz claimed bankruptcy late Friday after trading (shady shyt) hoping the weekend will soften the blow. That could work, I guess we will have to see.

Point being is that many businesses that were not healthy prior COVID got a death blow. They can claim COVID but that is not sustainable and the Fed knows it. They will be careful going forward as to what they are buying.

Many stocks could very well go to ATH but lets see what happens. I still think a lot of people are going to get merked.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I spoke about Hertz a few pages ago. It was shady shyt but that's what happens... you need to be aware of these balance sheets and figure out which companies are safe and which ones could be next JC Penney. I ain't touching retail.