Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think Vegas will be okay because there's so many degenerates. I think airlines will be fine, but which ones is the question. Retail and restaurants I'm not sure. Quick flips maybe but damn especially retail is completely fukked. They were fukked before all this. This just sped up the process.

That's why E-commerce is the thing right now. Amazon, SHOP, Ebay, probably BABA and JD but I hope they stop fukking with Chinese stocks.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Retail was already fukked

E Commerce was already taking over

I’m starting to like Revolve more and more long term it’s gonna take the spot of all these Macy’s, JC Pennys type stores

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So... about those roughly 35 mil + unemployed folks who will be losing their extra $600 a week in roughly 60 days :skip:

It won't be that many some are going back to work. L.A. county is now looking at July 4th to reopen. NYC is on track.

There will be many still unemployed after all this is over but I don't think that is looking to have a big impact on the market overall. We'll see how earnings look for June.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It won't be that many some are going back to work. L.A. county is now looking at July 4th to reopen. NYC is on track.

There will be many still unemployed after all this is over but I don't think that is looking to have a big impact on the market overall. We'll see how earnings look for June.
Breh who the fukk is trying work for $300 a week, when they making a 1k now.

I think they add an extension.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

It’ll be a highly substantial amount.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I’m starting to like Revolve more and more long term it’s gonna take the spot of all these Macy’s, JC Pennys type stores
I'm thinking of buying back into Revolve on the next dip. I just need more money to get more shares than I had.

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
I gotta get into SPCE before that shyt takes off.....

It's just a matter of time, before it's out of reach to cop multiple shares for cheap.

Once that shyt builds momentum......

tumblr_nouyx7BeuD1s3mekdo1_400.gifv

edit:
Maybe not :jbhmm:
Subscribe to read | Financial Times

I'll wait on the sideline from a distant.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Have you seen the type of shyt revolve sells and the price points? What JC Penny customer (or even Macy's) shopping there? :usure:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
gonna grab some :ehh: tesla as the top holding is enough for me
I legit created my own etf on M1 financing that literally mimicked some of their stocks before I came across them.

I'm about to make stupid money on m1 finance :wow:

And if the economy tanks I can easily throw more money into.

Daps
3. The stock market is always ahead of the economy. It trades 6 months into the future, sometimes a year. For example, let's look at something like Delta. They don't have to get back to 100% of 2019 passenger levels for their stock to get back near it's high. They have to move in that direction to the point where the forecast would say "at this rate in 6 months" as an example and buyers will be on the stock well before the actual revenue is made.

Right now, more than at any other time, no one knows what will happen 6-12 months down the line. We may not even get a vaccine (Why we might not get a coronavirus vaccine).

Airlines like Delta are burning cash. They've had to acquire a lot of debt (which comes from future earnings). Their previous stock price was artificially inflated from stock buy backs, which they're no longer allowed to do with their bailout money. In the future it's unlikely air travel will be as much as it was pre-covid (more business meetings being on Zoom, for example, or with the recession deepening, there'll be less disposable income for people to spend on flights). There's a reason Warren Buffett sold his airline stocks at a loss.

The stock market is totally disconnected from reality at this point, and has only bounced back because of the Fed pumping 2.3 trillion dollars into the economy. Meanwhile, unemployment will likely reach 25%. The economy is in the worst shape it's been for a century.

Listen to the what the OGs say: Ray Dalio, Warren Buffett... they're all warning of a Great Depression. Get ready.