Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps

You have people that have been hoarding cash looking for deals in the stock market (housing too) since the last crash. When you see companies that have already taken 30/50% cuts people are going to start dumping money back in whether the probability it still goes lower exists. In the long run, it’s still probably a good/great deal unless the economy just doesn’t recover.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
original_213136403.png

Swing plays off this?
I wish I never sold Target. Bought in the $80s and sold in the $110s. Should have held for years.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had mentioned hormel earlier on. I have a feeling that will be a missed opportunity if we don’t see a crash again. That and Tesla have been my two biggest misses so far. Amd also.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I had mentioned hormel earlier on. I have a feeling that will be a missed opportunity if we don’t see a crash again. That and Tesla have been my two biggest misses so far. Amd also.
At the end of the day, as long as the business you're invested into has a solid balance sheet and reputable business model, then you'll be straight and then you're guaranteed to come up nicely.

I mean even some stable stocks like utilities have taken a hit, so they'll rebound. Remember investing is like a 5 year commitment in a way.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of the day, as long as the business you're invested into has a solid balance sheet and reputable business model, then you'll be straight and then you're guaranteed to come up nicely.

I mean even some stable stocks like utilities have taken a hit, so they'll rebound. Remember investing is like a 5 year commitment in a way.

I’m definitely in the long term side of this. I just didn’t believe in them like that like I didn’t believe in beyond meat. Live and learn. Just typing out loud.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think ppl under appreciate the small gainS because we’re so diligent and do a lot of research that we end up envying the ppl we get informed from. That’s why I remind myself that this is for years later. It help that this is my personal brokerage account I’m messing with. I always have my work 401k to fall back on. I get get a 10% match that puts “at least“ 1000 into that account every month. This is just security and moreso for my kids. That’s why I went all in on stocks I know traditionally were doin good and had good growth before pandemic.

I ain’t goin lie though. I be looking at the stocks the vanguard Be purchasing like:gucci:.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

exactly. But Maybe if you paid attention more to the market instead of rewatching game6 you’d be more profitable And optimistic :mjgrin:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@chineebai thoughts on TenCent :jbhmm:
It's not something I would get if you're looking for big moves. I remember when it IPO and the price has been stagnant so it's nothing something I even look at. From an options standpoint, mostly bullish flow but not much history. Most of the options are LEAPS with a strike of $13 and into jan 2021 lol. So if you want to wait that long

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You have people that have been hoarding cash looking for deals in the stock market (housing too) since the last crash. When you see companies that have already taken 30/50% cuts people are going to start dumping money back in whether the probability it still goes lower exists. In the long run, it’s still probably a good/great deal unless the economy just doesn’t recover.

People are probably cost averaging. It's common sense. You buy low and then buy lower.

It makes sense for trusted companies with great balance sheets, i.e. tech companies tho many have now returned near their highs.

Airlines and shyt were only good for swing trades unless you are willing to hold the bag but even then they could go bankrupt, certain companies not airlines as a whole I keep telling people if you want to do airlines now after Buffett and Boeing CEO and all this maybe do JETS ETF. It's the safest one.