Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I want to go back to something I said before. Shorting Tesla is a fukking cheat code on red days these past few weeks. I've done a lot with Tesla, unfortunately I am not a long term holder because I missed out on the first dip when it went to $360 or whatever it was.

But what I have been able to do is make money off the stock by shorting on red days and also earning plays. The stock is so volatile... it's insane.

Forget the earnings play for a second, let's just look at the red days. Whenever Tesla is down like 2.5-4% or more I'm looking to pick up some shares because whether it's the following day or two days later the shyt will bounce back like round ball.

Usually in the morning. You cop some in the late afternoon and then it gets bought up overnight and then you sell off anywhere between 9:30-10am

That's when it's at it's highest unless some big news comes out during the day. So you're looking at easily $40-$50/share swings..

If you cop like 5-6 shares and then unload them you're looking at an easy $200-$300 for doing NOTHING...

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
looks like a hint of green for tomorrow :ehh: wonder if it holds

Let's see what the economy looks like:

i99kg05mrmy41.jpg

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Heading for our 4th straight red day this week. Job numbers come out at 8:30 maybe we finish green :pachaha:

What Jerome Powell and David Tepper said yesterday is the same thing about 4 or 5 of us in this thread been saying for months. Those who stayed on the sidelines don't look to foolish right now huh?:sas2:

I'm not gonna lie I capitulated to the upside a bit and started buying but I made and spent money on the way up, but still have dry powder for this downturn.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Apple dividend today and Abbvie tomorrow. Probably buying a share of RTX with the proceeds and a partial share with the rest.

I love Abbvie. $47 quarterly payment for 40 shares. Their payment is insanely high. I feel like it's my best purchase all-round.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Those of you who have a high risk tolerance for trading could play these to short the market using SDOW for the Dow ,SPXU for the S&P 500 and TVIX for volatility. These should be no longer than a couple day holds

Bought SH start of the week for this exact scenario. I made bank holding tvix after you recommended it a few months ago :salute:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Heading for our 4th straight red day this week. Job numbers come out at 8:30 maybe we finish green :pachaha:

What Jerome Powell and David Tepper said yesterday is the same thing about 4 or 5 of us in this thread been saying for months. Those who stayed on the sidelines don't look to foolish right now huh?:sas2:

I'm not gonna lie I capitulated to the upside a bit and started buying but I made and spent money on the way up, but still have dry powder for this downturn.

Uh, everyone in this thread has been making money for 2 months.

Never heard of swing trading ?

Last edited: