Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

morris

Superstar
Daps
Got any more non-OTC penny stocks to recommend today?

I never bought MVIS but it would have been a great buy on the day you did it, more than triple the money.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What is TVIX?
The Fund seeks two times the daily return of the S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures Index. The S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures Index is designed to provide access to equity market volatility through CBOE SPX Volatility Index futures.

Basically its an ETN that goes up whenever the market goes down.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
What is TVIX?

A volatility index that follows the future of the sp500 vix.

A very simplified explanation is that while there is a lot of uncertainty in the price of the sp500, tvix will rise.

The price of TVIX itself is not impacted by investors buying/selling it. But only the futures that it based on. So if you want to monitor it, use the price action from the sp500, and futures to make your buy sell decisions

It swings wildly and like @Tug life said it is not a buy and hold.

It "wants" to be at $0.00, and will fall as the market becomes stable.

I'm still new so if anyone has more please fill in gaps.

Last edited:

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
How do yall feel about otm leap calls? For example a stock currently at 5.50 and buying a otm call that expires 10/16 for 8.00?
Is that a good play or a waste of time?

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Uh, everyone in this thread has been making money for 2 months.

Never heard of swing trading ?
Bro you were the main one talking about the bear market is over, we about to make new highs, everything is gonna go back to normal and now you switched your tune talking about everything is overpriced.

On almost every post I make I say this is a traders market so you could save the snarky remarks. I'm talking about the overall macro view.