Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else's ameritrade app not showing their positions or balances?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They are 51% commercial airline and like 40% defense. What are we talking about here? No matter how poorly they are run where are they going?

All I said is at $125 they are good value. It's still going to be a $200+ stock. Not seeing the downside of it.
Why would you knowingly buy into a company with a proven bad management team that ruined it as a long term investment? You should be looking to get involved with good companies if you're an investor. Boeing isn't a good company. Boeing is in the position they're in because they fukked up the 747 Max and it's been grounded almost a year because their mistake killed many people. They were jacked up before this pandemic broke out. They're leaning on the pandemic and running to the government but the 747 Max was supposed to have been back in the air and it's still not.

Their dividend is gone, their share buybacks the reason their share price was so high in the first place has been suspended, their debt is exploding and in-comparison the cash they have on hand in inadequate. Their cashflow has gone completely negative and they aren't profitable anymore. The 747 Max might not even be back into the air until the fall and even then the pandemic has the airline industry crushed right now.

It's a trainwreck. There's companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple. Well ran companies that have none of those issues and great balance sheets that can be invested in. Facebook was selling in the $140-$180 range and at that price it was a steal. Years from now hell even now Facebook is a way better company than Boeing.

Now if you're looking to swing trade there are plenty of people that look at Boeing and just remember they used to sell in the almost $400 range and are in the $140 range now and throw money at them hoping they get back to that valuation. The stock will be up and down but long term sure the company will be around but there are better companies to throw your money at.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why would you knowingly buy into a company with a proven bad management team that ruined it as a long term investment? You should be looking to get involved with good companies if you're an investor.

Breh I don't just do long term investing. I like the idea of it and practice it as much as possible but during these times I'm also trading. BA isn't something I'm thinking about 2-3 years from now. They spike and dip off news/speculation all the time.

Regardless.. I know they aren't getting back up around $400 because that was artificial. However, they can definitely shoot up to $180-$200+ off a string of "good news" and remember this..

The market isn't reality. Stocks spike more off speculation and rumors or promises than what is actually happening.

aliG

Pro
Daps
Why would you knowingly buy into a company with a proven bad management team that ruined it as a long term investment? You should be looking to get involved with good companies if you're an investor. Boeing isn't a good company. Boeing is in the position they're in because they fukked up the 747 Max and it's been grounded almost a year because their mistake killed many people. They were jacked up before this pandemic broke out. They're leaning on the pandemic and running to the government but the 747 Max was supposed to have been back in the air and it's still not.

Their dividend is gone, their share buybacks the reason their share price was so high in the first place has been suspended, their debt is exploding and in-comparison the cash they have on hand in inadequate. Their cashflow has gone completely negative and they aren't profitable anymore. The 747 Max might not even be back into the air until the fall and even then the pandemic has the airline industry crushed right now.

It's a trainwreck. There's companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple. Well ran companies that have none of those issues and great balance sheets that can be invested in. Facebook was selling in the $140-$180 range and at that price it was a steal. Years from now hell even now Facebook is a way better company than Boeing.

Now if you're looking to swing trade there are plenty of people that look at Boeing and just remember they used to sell in the almost $400 range and are in the $140 range now and throw money at them hoping they get back to that valuation. The stock will be up and down but long term sure the company will be around but there are better companies to throw your money at.

737 Max not 747.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
American Air’s $1 Price Target at Evercore Implies 92% Collapse

For the brehs still in AAL. Not sure how to feel about this...

On one hand, as most already know, AAL's balance sheet isn't up to par with their competitors. They're debt is nearly 10x their income. Insane.

But will airlines actually go bankrupt and run out of business brehs? I just don't know...

People still flying now. During these times lol

After selling AAL early this week (before it dipped, I tried warning some) I bought into Delta...much more secure investment imo...but...

We copping 1000 AAL shares @ $1? Is that the move? :russ:
AAL was never a long term stock to me. But I'll keep holding. I dropped 15 shares on them so. :manny:

They'll be back though. They're too much of a staple. Plus we know they have enough cash flow for about a year and a half.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
wjfalk11wcw41.jpg

Rep me :myman:

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone know any good makeup/cosmetics stocks? talk about an industry that's gonna rocket upwards when all this shyt is over

i would imagine the big brands are a great investment regardless

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
737 Max not 747.
Whatever the middle number is it's grounded and who's fault is it that happened? The pandemic?

When you buy the dip of a company it should be because of circumstances beyond their control putting pressure on the stock price. Example Apple last year was in the $150 range and everyone knew it wasn't really them. I bought them at those levels and again in the $170s and Apple is basically the reason my portfolio is doing so well because I'm up like 70% on my cost basis.

Boeing isn't a good value it's a short term swing trade. It might not even be that right now because analysis have it's target prices about where it's selling for. Take it from a person that's bought crap like Ford. It's taken me a while to reach a point where if a company looks fukked up it's probably best to stay away. Then again I'm a long term investor looking to collect dividends.

Earnings of interest Roku, Jetblue, Lyft, Uber, Disney, Bynd, Shop, Dropbox
Disney is what you want if you're looking for a long term investment that is beat up because of market conditions. Disney will rebound after all this crap passes. Iger put that company in a position to damn near rule all media in the future.