Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I want to short JRJC as my first short....

I think I may be getting better as a trader @Domingo Halliburton @GoogleMe @Bernie Madoff :to:

Im on stockcharts.com looking up potential plays for next week and I come across JRJC...now I may be wrong but...

I was looking at the 5 and 20 day MA http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui

it seems like consistently for the past 5 months when the 5 day MA moves towards the 20 day MA, it bounces up...so Im thinking it will do the same again in maybe a week....

which means right now I want to short it...can you guys CHECK FOR YOURSELF & tell me if Im wrong in my thinking process or na?

Never shorted before either so how does that usually work for you guys:patrice:
looks like a great short opportunity based on the fact that its gone up so much without any good earnings reports. Doesn't make sense...you might wanna read them past research reports if accessible/news to see why its gone up so much in the first place.

its relatively cheap compared to book value but doesnt make sense

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
looks like a great short opportunity based on the fact that its gone up so much without any good earnings reports. Doesn't make sense...you might wanna read them past research reports if accessible/news to see why its gone up so much in the first place.

its relatively cheap compared to book value but doesnt make sense
So you DO think my thesis is correct :ohhh:

Im learning:wow:
oh man. this shyt's gonna ruin my life. i'll stick with sports betting
why you say that bra...:dwillhuh:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
I want to short JRJC as my first short....

I think I may be getting better as a trader @Domingo Halliburton @GoogleMe @Bernie Madoff :to:

Im on stockcharts.com looking up potential plays for next week and I come across JRJC...now I may be wrong but...

I was looking at the 5 and 20 day MA http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui

it seems like consistently for the past 5 months when the 5 day MA moves towards the 20 day MA, it bounces up...so Im thinking it will do the same again in maybe a week....

which means right now I want to short it...can you guys CHECK FOR YOURSELF & tell me if Im wrong in my thinking process or na?

Never shorted before either so how does that usually work for you guys:patrice:
Make sure you're famillar with how to set up stops to protect you from rapid loss. Also read up on options strategy, you'll get burned in the long run if you just simply buy puts/calls without knowing strategies on how to hedge positions.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I know it is too early but what shares are you guys looking into for the new year.

WWE
Sony
Microsoft/Nokia
Infosys
Are some of my must buys for 2014.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Make sure you're famillar with how to set up stops to protect you from rapid loss. Also read up on options strategy, you'll get burned in the long run if you just simply buy puts/calls without knowing strategies on how to hedge positions.
I know nothing about options bra, I was only talking about buying or shorting....still trying to get all the basics of buying and selling stock before I get into advanced stuff.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
DVAX looks like it might bounce off the 20 day MA real soon too..its at 1.95 right now
ACHN looks good too, watching NQ too

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
DVAX looks like it might bounce off the 20 day MA real soon too..its at 1.95 right now
ACHN looks good too, watching NQ too

DVAX might up when they present at the J.P Morgan help conference this week.

ACHN will jump crazy if the FDA stop Bsing their hepatitis drug and take it off hold.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
if lululemon had any sense they would acquire Bauer ...Under Armour should do so as well.

these investment bankers need to wake up and make it happen. been saying this since july lol

dax

Rookie
Daps
why does it keep saying i may not purchase stocks until it's open?