Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Marketwatch.com

Intraday screener

They even have screeners on whatever online broker you're using. Just set your parameters for what you want to see. Price range, 52 weeks highs/lows, etc.....
Thanks breh. Could I ask what parameters you use/what is recommended?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I'm very much thinking about this too. Sell it, buy it again on the drop that's coming because they will be another drop.

I feel like you need to do this at all times anyway. Stock prices spike during the day. In the morning, midday, in the afternoon before closing time. Those are your times to sell. You can come back later and buy the same stock when it dips. That's the beauty of the market. It's set up for you to just make money. There will be days when prices dip and you have to wait for them to go back up and some stocks you pick might be overvalued and won't ever come back up, so you have to have your own guidelines to get rid of a stock before it drops too low. But overall, you should be making money.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Thanks breh. Could I ask what parameters you use/what is recommended?

The main thing is I set my price range. Right now, usually between $1-$20. You're going to get anywhere from between 3,000 to 5,000 companies on your list with that range. I also set it to see 52 week highs and lows. That way I can know how low it has dropped recently and how high it could go, even though there's no guarantee they will go as high as they were. You have to use your best judgement on whether you think a company will do well into this new future we're about to go into. I also take a look at the graphs for each company and see if I think the drop they recently had was because of the virus or whether they have been steadily dropping in price over the last few years......

You can set your price range to whatever though.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Discover is starting to get interesting. It's down to $31. It usually trades well above in the 80's for years. Problem is their model is far riskier than Mastercard.

I was waiting for Mastercard to get a little more interesting but it's holding up fairly well all things considering

Overall today was a bloodbath but we are still at 21k when a couple weeks ago this shyt hit 18.5
Holy shyt even at $39 now this is still a steal. They basically started to fall during the CV outbreak.

Majestic

Daps
I feel like you need to do this at all times anyway. Stock prices spike during the day. In the morning, midday, in the afternoon before closing time. Those are your times to sell. You can come back later and buy the same stock when it dips. That's the beauty of the market. It's set up for you to just make money. There will be days when prices dip and you have to wait for them to go back up and some stocks you pick might be overvalued and won't ever come back up, so you have to have your own guidelines to get rid of a stock before it drops too low. But overall, you should be making money.
Real shyt. you could be making a lot of money a day with this method. I hold onto UBER long term, but there have been times where there is an $800 profit and I didnt sell. I aint selling boeing too when there was a $700 profit :francis:. I'm afraid I sell and never get those lows again.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Real shyt. you could be making a lot of money a day with this method. I hold onto UBER long term, but there have been times where there is an $800 profit and I didnt sell. I aint selling boeing too when there was a $700 profit :francis:. I'm afraid I sell and never get those lows again.

It's a full time job with that method though. Eventually, I'm thinking about going that way. I'm running some of my family's accounts right now at the same time.

Majestic

Daps
The main thing is I set my price range. Right now, usually between $1-$20. You're going to get anywhere from between 3,000 to 5,000 companies on your list with that range. I also set it to see 52 week highs and lows. That way I can know how low it has dropped recently and how high it could go, even though there's no guarantee they will go as high as they were. You have to use your best judgement on whether you think a company will do well into this new future we're about to go into. I also take a look at the graphs for each company and see if I think the drop they recently had was because of the virus or whether they have been steadily dropping in price over the last few years......

You can set your price range to whatever though.
Just made an account in Marketwatch. Where can I do this on there breh?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Just made an account in Marketwatch. Where can I do this on there breh?

It's called the Intraday Screener. You can get on Google and just search "Marketwatch Intraday Screener" if you're having trouble finding it.

Hit the "New Screen" button to set your parameters.

Majestic

Daps
It's a full time job with that method though. Eventually, I'm thinking about going that way. I'm running some of my family's accounts right now at the same time.
I noticed stocks are high in the morning mostly due to after hours trading so to be specific 9:30 am. In the afternoon, stocks get around 2:15 pm, and end day 3:30 pm. I'm unsure about the last two tbh. Correct me if I'm wrong breh?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The day to buy oil was last week when it was clear it would have a 1-2 day bump. I did that with Exxon and Chevron but then immediately got out. You have to be careful with doing that, I made a little money and got right out. It wasn't a lot but it was worth my time.
If you're thinking long term like 2-3 years from now, wouldnt oil be a decent investment?