Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
@Scientific Playa good looks on the interview. Hodget was runnin shyt on the street in his prime.

BIG news out of Boeing today fellas from the Dubai Airshow.

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2013-11...X-with-Record-Breaking-Orders-and-Commitments

Boeing [NYSE:BA] today launched the 777X program at the 2013 Dubai Airshow with a record-breaking number of customer orders and commitments for the newest member of its twin-aisle product family. Agreements for 259 airplanes from four customers across Europe and the Middle East provide a strong foundation to support development and production of the airplane.

Representing the largest product launch in commercial jetliner history by dollar value, 777X orders and commitments include Lufthansa with 34 airplanes; Etihad Airways with 25; Qatar Airways with 50 and Emirates with 150 airplanes. The combined value of the agreements is more than $95 billion at list prices.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@KyleFall you sound like a Google spokesperson. Do you work for Google? G+ has and will be an epic fail and I hate using the word epic but it is the perfect word to describe how bad the G+ program has been. Do you actually know people IRL that use G+ willingly? I literally don't know one person that uses it for social purposes. The only people that have accounts out of my friends are people with Gmail accounts that were automatically given G+ accounts.

this guy is some corporate hack job

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
hasn't boeing run enough?

Assuming this news is not priced in, I think this has room to move higher. Technically-speaking, it just broke a consolidating wedge. Looks like good and bad news this weekend. Boeing 737 crashed in Russia killing everyone on board. The son of President of Tatarstan was among the passengers.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Assuming this news is not priced in, I think this has room to move higher. Technically-speaking, it just broke a consolidating wedge. Looks like good and bad news this weekend. Boeing 737 crashed in Russia killing everyone on board. The son of President of Tatarstan was among the passengers.

haha, first time I've heard of tatarstan.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
One of the rulers sets up another shop in the city.

Edmond de Rothschild to open London merchant bank

By Daniel Schäfer in London

Edmond de Rothschild is set to launch a London-based merchant banking business this week in an effort by the Franco-Swiss private banking group to turn the City into its fourth major business centre.

The group, chaired by the late Edmond’s son, Baron Benjamin de Rothschild, has been hiring 20 senior advisers mostly from large banks to launch its private banking and corporate finance business in the City alongside its existing asset management unit.

Led by Richard Briance, Edmond de Rothschild’s UK head and a former chief executive of Hawkpoint, the group now has nearly 100 staff in London but has plans to expand further.

Christophe de Backer, Edmond de Rothschild’s chief executive, told the Financial Times that the private banking and asset management group could accommodate 150 people at its Mayfair office and was considering taking an additional building if necessary.

“We have got three main hubs in Paris, Geneva and Luxembourg. London will in the future become the fourth hub,” the former HSBC banker said. “London is the place where we can find talent, it is the place to be,” he added.

Edmond de Rothschild already owns an asset management business in the City, which mostly focuses on funds of hedge funds, as well as a fixed-income business, an emerging market-focused investment trust advisory unit and a small corporate finance unit.

The Geneva-based group has had a presence in London for three decades but that has never included its core business of serving the investment needs of entrepreneurs and families.

“London has not been developed like other places in Europe because maybe the management at that time was not so animated to do that,” Mr de Backer said.

Mr de Backer was brought into the group by Baron Benjamin and his wife, Ariane, two years ago to accelerate its expansion and bring regional and divisional fiefs closer together.

“Two year ago, I joined at a time when this organisation, promoting autonomy, was becoming an obstacle for the next step of that group,” he said.

Mr de Backer said the group aimed to increase its assets under management from €120bn last year to €155bn by 2016 and its return on equity to 11 per cent in the same timeframe.

Last year, however, the 60-year-old banking group’s return on equity stood at 5.1 per cent and Mr de Backer warned that 2013 would be a “transition year” in terms of profits.

Given its focus on entrepreneurs and wealthy families, its merchant bank is not at risk of a clash with other parts of the sprawling family, such as NM Rothschild, one of the UK’s largest corporate finance advisory groups belonging to Paris-based Rothschild group.

Mr de Backer said even an expansion by NM Rothschild in private banking would not cause a conflict.

“In my view the world is big enough to let the two families develop their franchise in that field . . . the more Rothschild is visible as a brand the more it is good for us.”

Baron Benjamin, sixth-generation scion of the banking dynasty started by Mayer Amschel Rothschild more than two centuries ago, operates his business separate from David and Eric de Rothschild’s banking group.

However, Edmond de Rothschild owns a stake of just below 8 per cent in the Parisian group’s main vehicle Paris Orléans and it has a cross-shareholding with David de Rothschild’s Zurich-based entity.

Mr de Backer said he was looking for ways to further co-operate with another part of the dynasty, Lord Jacob Rothschild’s RIT Capital Partners, after a first joint venture was set up last year to interlink their fund of hedge fund investment businesses.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
i don't follow BA, they have a duopoly with Airbus, lucrative defense dept contracts, but the delays and union issues are on the front burner. they should keep on running though.

yeah I mean I believe its a good company im just wondering how much more room there is it for it to go up. Market feels like its getting overbought.

I really like the short Pandora play Bernie mentioned.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
yeah I mean I believe its a good company im just wondering how much more room there is it for it to go up. Market feels like its getting overbought.

I really like the short Pandora play Bernie mentioned.

Boeing should be ok, China is still growing at an 7% annual growth rate and the world cup and Olympics are on deck.

You just put me up on Pandora, looks strong and will watch it, i think it was Martin Zweig that said, 'don't fight the momentum'.

9780446672818_388X586.jpg

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Does anyone know anything about Procera Networks? (PKT)

Looks like they got hit the past few quarters as they didn't meet their #'s but I looked at their last 10K and it shows their losses are going down and they may turn a profit this quarter. I'm thinking when they turn that profit the stock will get a BIG boost to PPS.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Does anyone know anything about Procera Networks? (PKT)

Looks like they got hit the past few quarters as they didn't meet their #'s but I looked at their last 10K and it shows their losses are going down and they may turn a profit this quarter. I'm thinking when they turn that profit the stock will get a BIG boost to PPS.

Low float stock with high short interest. MACD crossover recently and Accumulation/distribution showing a positive divergence. Just needs a big buyer. I don't know how long shorts have to cover but see this at $15+ soon. What is causing their losses to go down?

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ill

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Low float stock with high short interest. MACD crossover recently and Accumulation/distribution showing a positive divergence. Just needs a big buyer. I don't know how long shorts have to cover but see this at $15+ soon. What is causing their losses to go down?

The low float is what peaked my interest. If they can turn a profit and the PPS moves up, the short covering on a low float will have a major move tied to it. I hate playing earnings but I might have to gamble and hope they swung into the black finally.