Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

jazzfan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I joined the game. complete noob to stock I'm just guessing at what stocks to buy.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
who are these evil companies?

i'm assuming he means companies like monsanto, oil and gas, wal mart. You know companies that hurt the environment or are shytty to their employees/ customers. Maybe I'm wrong, you got to ask @Brown_Pride

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm assuming he means companies like monsanto, oil and gas, wal mart. You know companies that hurt the environment or are shytty to their employees/ customers. Maybe I'm wrong, you got to ask @Brown_Pride

I straight copped some stock in Monsanto :guilty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I straight copped some stock in Monsanto :guilty:

the stock has been on a tear. I wish I would of bought last year when it was at 87. they have the government in their back pockets and they have virtual monopolies on certain seeds. people are really adverse to GMOs but they seem to be able to deflect a lot of domestic criticisms. it's overseas i'm worried about. they have a lot of political risk associated with the business. I could see some European country or some South American country completely shutting them out of the country or fining them hard. But this doesn't stop oil companies so it probably won't stop monsanto.

jazzfan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Domingo needs to put us on to hs portfolio. He is killing it right now. Trap is right behind me in 3rd place and may take my spot in the next few days.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this is the first day i didn't completely get demolished. I want to dump some pretty big stocks but they've fallen so low i'm more inclined to keep them.

I'm going to diversify into completely "evil" companies...clearly they know how to make money.

did this a few years ago.. I don't have anything that's not a defense contractor. I don't know any about stocks. You can just watch the headlines to see how your stock might do. My sh1t r doing ok.

I don't really pay attention tho, I just leave money in them and check a few times a year. No real method. I just hope I get lucky eventually. It was my military bonus money.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
who are these evil companies?

basically what DOmingo said. If they pollute, if they use shady methods I want that stock. The more vile the better:smile: If Enron was still around I'd buy their stock. I do need to start paying more attention to this though i'm getting murdered here.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Domingo needs to put us on to hs portfolio. He is killing it right now. Trap is right behind me in 3rd place and may take my spot in the next few days.

i mentioned this earlier in the thread i've been ignoring diversification. I have about 9/10 of my portfolio in Vale. stock popped about 5% today. the other part is in an index fund that tracks the S&P 500 (so i guess i'm diversified some).
I'm probably going to get out of the Vale position because they're a metal mining company and metals are too volatile. I wouldn't invest like this in real life. I'm trying to win the game so that's why i'm taking this much risk.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:blessed: finally my power stock is acting like it supposed to , they all are today