Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:damn: @kool g , am still wondering how u got such high returns, most have placed a lucky trade on something cheap or volatile

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
:damn: @kool g , am still wondering how u got such high returns, most have placed a lucky trade on something cheap or volatile

I have essentially six stocks. I already said that I got a lot of them off Nike jumping. but then again I also did some reading and figured that Nike would be a good pick. Apart from that, I bought shares of an overseas search entity that people were down on, 2 emerging technology companies from different fields, one entertainment stock with a bright future, and a single precious metal stock that was bound to rebound.

:yeshrug: basically i just read around, tried to diversify, looked at some 1yr and ROI charts, and made some picks. I know this is a fake game, but I'm trying to treat it as well for when I do eventually have the right amount of capital.

I also picked a couple(like 2) companies that were somewhat volatile and a precious metal, so it's perfectly ostensible that I could be in the hole 2 months from now. But for now

:manny:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
yeah i kind of wish you could see what other people are trading, but i guess that would destroy some competitiveness to it. most of my gains are from Vale

:yeshrug: I could pretty much admit what I've got now, but I just dont think it matters as much as when you're buying, right? I think there is an option to get rid of private trading.

I find it interesting that nobody else has any shares of what I have, i think somewhere in the UI you can see whether thats the case or not. 'players holding' or something like that

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you can see how many other people have the same stock yo do, I have 6 and only 1 of them someone else owns

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
beeen reading about an incoming crash for a minute brehs.... thoughts? :leostare:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I'm the only one left in green and even i took a 2% or ~14k hit

@Domingo Halliburton tho :damn:

also, lol at the AAPL stock being featured as an L on our game's page

yeah i've been ignoring diversification and putting most of my money in one stock trying to catch a bounce. it worked for the first couple days, i should of got out. the fact that it fell this much may make me just buy more. i just wish they weren't a miner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
:scusthov: just dumped my airline stock, shyt was boggin me down

breh, i don't know why you were in it in the first place. i know the industry has consolidated so maybe they can make more money in the future.

“The worst sort of business is one that grows rapidly, requires significant capital to engender the growth, and then earns little or no money. Think airlines." -warren buffett

but then again people are saying the industry is turning around.
Airline Returns Refute Buffett Aversion to U.S. Carriers - Bloomberg

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
breh, i don't know why you were in it in the first place. i know the industry has consolidated so maybe they can make more money in the future.

“The worst sort of business is one that grows rapidly, requires significant capital to engender the growth, and then earns little or no money. Think airlines." -warren buffett

but then again people are saying the industry is turning around.
Airline Returns Refute Buffett Aversion to U.S. Carriers - Bloomberg

i actually had two airlines a major one and a smaller one , the major (united) did good for a couple of days then flopped bad, surprisingly my smaller carrier has been steady and had some gains.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
went from being top of the pack to :flabbynsick: fast. definitely gonna dump that SLW stock when it rebounds :snoop:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
this is the first day i didn't completely get demolished. I want to dump some pretty big stocks but they've fallen so low i'm more inclined to keep them.

I'm going to diversify into completely "evil" companies...clearly they know how to make money.