Boeing 777 crashes at SFO

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
Just got a text about this. After looking at the crash sight, debris and crash path; I'm looking at 1 of 2 reasons for the plane crashing. Looking at the tail end being broken off at initial contact, that tells me a very extreme drag While landing with a potential hydrolic issue or a weight distribution issue. The center fuselage has very uncommon top Burns which could be an in-flight electrical fire. In that case the pilot declared an emergency and took the plane down hard. I'm somewhat leaning towards a misdistrubution of weight. But the ceiling Burns are making me think electrical. BTW I'm an aeronautics major at sjsu, So I know a like something about airplanes and flight for the haters.
:leostare: wow so smart. so fukking hot :troll:

what airline was it. i'm looking for cheap flight to @lanta soon.
:lolbron:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
2 casualties reported :rip:

Math not adding up as per CNN, Wolf claiming 67 unaccounted for :damn: Hopefully just an error.

Edit: Looks like an error afterall.. only 1 unaccounted for

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Havent watched any news coverage in sometime but some pilots I know are tweeting about Koreans lack of non Instrument Landings and based on what they're hearing that this couldve easily been pilot error. SFO coulda had a ILS malfunction and forced them to land manually. But I'll wait and see.

The thing is, NTSB already knows the Why. Theyre just setting up the investigation to accurately put blame on someone and also legality reasons. Either way, Korean Air is fukked. But the public might not find out why the 777 went down for another week or 2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Listening to the NTSB. Some tidbits..ILS was down So it was a manual landing. The Tower ordered a go around 2 seconds before touchdown. The 2 deceased were thrown from the plane.

So basically the pilots fuked up like many in the industry that I know suspected. From what it sounds like they came in low and slow...the tower saw this, ordered a go around...the captain panicked raising the nose too steep at an angle of attack that caused the tail to hit. This was due to the drag of having the flaps down at 30 degrees as well as it's below protocal speed. Once again, that is my opinion based off what little they are telling us.

If anyone knows anything about Korean Aviation, theyve been red flagged by the community for there training as well as habits. Michael Gladwell really touched on it in his Outliers book.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...f-plane-crash-on-cam.courtesy-fred-hayes.html

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listening to the NTSB. Some tidbits..ILS was down So it was a manual landing. The Tower ordered a go around 2 seconds before touchdown. The 2 deceased were thrown from the plane.

So basically the pilots fuked up like many in the industry that I know suspected. From what it sounds like they came in low and slow...the tower saw this, ordered a go around...the captain panicked raising the nose too steep at an angle of attack that caused the tail to hit. This was due to the drag of having the flaps down at 30 degrees as well as it's below protocal speed. Once again, that is my opinion based off what little they are telling us.

If anyone knows anything about Korean Aviation, theyve been red flagged by the community for there training as well as habits. Michael Gladwell really touched on it in his Outliers book.

Video shows plane's moment of impact - CNN.com Video

are u a pilot? u know a lot of shyt?

the tail did hit the rocks near the shore, im just amazed everybody survived except 2

just a fuking miracle

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz

Video shows plane's moment of impact - CNN.com Video

:leon:
wow from the initial reports i heard the pilots called for an emergency landing so i was assuming they must have had some engine problem in the first place which is prob why they couldnt even reach the runway. I think the way u described it is prob accurate, but I'm just wondering what the reason would be for these guys to come in like that. I'm sure these pilots have made the same trip a hundred times and unless the weather was horrendous and they couldnt see the runway i find it hard to believe they would come in so low without something going on.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Emirates_Logo.jpg

:win:

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I remember looking at the video and being like, why is the left wing leaning but thought nothing of it. Then I just read a passenger transcript describing that he felt the plane was low and the wing was noticeably favoring a side. That would be an aileron issue. But why the fukk wouldn't the pilots declare an emergency to the tower and passengers? Wtf. These pilots fukked up brehs.

are u a pilot? u know a lot of shyt?

the tail did hit the rocks near the shore, im just amazed everybody survived except 2

just a fuking miracle

Nawwww not really although I do have 28hrs VFR flight-time, majoring in Aeronautics

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
:leon:
wow from the initial reports i heard the pilots called for an emergency landing so i was assuming they must have had some engine problem in the first place which is prob why they couldnt even reach the runway. I think the way u described it is prob accurate, but I'm just wondering what the reason would be for these guys to come in like that. I'm sure these pilots have made the same trip a hundred times and unless the weather was horrendous and they couldnt see the runway i find it hard to believe they would come in so low without something going on.

I must've missed that but I don't recall hearing that the pilots declare an emergency. If So that 747 wouldn't have been on takeoff standby and from what I remember, the 747 was cleared for a post landing(of the 777) takeoff. I'll look into it.

To answer the 2nd part of ur question. From what I hear, out of 100 landings...90 are automated for Asiana pilots. They lack experience. But also, the NTSB said the throttle was idle. Shyt is kinda confusing me. The ILS system on that runway was disabled for maintenance So they had to be flying manual. For a passenger to notice something is wrong and a pilot not is shockingly impossible. When a commercial heavy jet lands it aims for the 1st brick(runway marker) on the runway...they touched down damn near 500 short of the target from what I saw. This is going to get interesting. SFO isn't really known for hazardous winds but it is known for it's foggy conditions. But the weather was clear and winds calm.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crew tried to abort landing before San Francisco air crash | Reuters

these pilots are fuked

The Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 that crashed at San Francisco's airport on Saturday was traveling "significantly below" its intended speed and its crew tried to abort the landing just seconds before it hit the seawall in front of the runway, the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board said on Sunday.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember looking at the video and being like, why is the left wing leaning but thought nothing of it. Then I just read a passenger transcript describing that he felt the plane was low and the wing was noticeably favoring a side. That would be an aileron issue. But why the fukk wouldn't the pilots declare an emergency to the tower and passengers? Wtf. These pilots fukked up brehs.

Nawwww not really although I do have 28hrs VFR flight-time, majoring in Aeronautics

your right the pilots did fuk up, they tried to abort the landing

since these pilots survived whats going to happen to them besides getting fired?