Bodega owners ask NYC for help as grocery delivery apps expand in Five Boroughs... UPDATE 7/17/22

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I think this is less of an issue in NJ but when I go to NY, it's crazy to see how much basic items are marked up that isn't milk or bread. There are too many bodegas taking advantage of low income Black people and these delivery services are there to keep them honest and save people time.

It's 2022 adapt or die.

Most bodegas BARELY profit..

Whatever they marked up has been marked up by the distribution places they get it from.. they gonna charge more by default because they buying less in bulk

Not to mention rent and other utilities

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think this is less of an issue in NJ but when I go to NY, it's crazy to see how much basic items are marked up that isn't milk or bread. There are too many bodegas taking advantage of low income Black people and these delivery services are there to keep them honest and save people time.

It's 2022 adapt or die.

Yup.

You are NOT entitled to have a successful business :yeshrug:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Y'all in bodegas that much? Some of the responses harsh :picard:

Bigger issue is supermarkets in NYC are largely dead in the last decade. Compounding the issue is there are no Walmarts in NYC either. 15 minute grocery cool until they're the only option and price gouge. Not to mention the traffic issue that comes with these delivery people.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Y'all in bodegas that much? Some of the responses harsh :picard:

Bigger issue is supermarkets in NYC are largely dead in the last decade. Compounding the issue is there are no Walmarts in NYC either. 15 minute grocery cool until they're the only option and price gouge. Not to mention the traffic issue that comes with these delivery people.

the delivery personnel for these new companies aren't causing traffic riding bikes and scooters, so they're not double parking either.