Bodega owners ask NYC for help as grocery delivery apps expand in Five Boroughs... UPDATE 7/17/22

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Why the fukk would you need to use a delivery app for a corner store anyway? The whole point is to quickly grab something and be on your way

I've never used a delivery app of any kind and don't think I will. fukk I look like paying double for a random to pull up to my home address

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Why the fukk would you need to use a delivery app for a corner store anyway? The whole point is to quickly grab something and be on your way

I've never used a delivery app of any kind and don't think I will. fukk I look like paying double for a random to pull up to my home address

a babysitter might not have permission to leave the home with the children but be in need of something from the store, they could get it delivered. a sole adult at home with 2+ kids might not want to go through the hassle of getting small children dressed up just to go around the corner, across the street or 2 blocks down to get one or two ingredients. an individual working from home might want something but can't step away too long from their pc or laptop webcam/voip phone. old/disabled people in NYC walkups or buildings with broken elevators.

there plenty of reasons people might want something delivered even if the store is closeby.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
a babysitter might not have permission to leave the home with the children but be in need of something from the store, they could get it delivered. a sole adult at home with 2+ kids might not want to go through the hassle of getting small children dressed up just to go around the corner, across the street or 2 blocks down to get one or two ingredients. an individual working from home might want something but can't step away too long from their pc or laptop webcam/voip phone. old/disabled people in NYC walkups or buildings with broken elevators.

there plenty of reasons people might want something delivered even if the store is closeby.

we not paying premium upcharges + delivery + tip over this way. more power to those who do

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Mom and pop means small businesses. If it's effecting them you know it's effecting us.

Iss coo. Let's all work for Amazon Eats.
How many bodegas have you shopped at breh :patrice:

As a nikka that grew up in NYC, fukk them corner stores.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang

Could be someone with a disability or very old person or perhaps injured or very sick

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How many bodegas have you shopped at breh :patrice:

As a nikka that grew up in NYC, fukk them corner stores.
It's hilarious at the end of the day all the corporate hating leftists fold and become mega corporate loving Wage slaves with even less choices.

Embrace your Bezos Eats brother

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
It's hilarious at the end of the day all the corporate hating leftists fold and become mega corporate loving Wage slaves with even less choices.

Embrace your Bezos Eats brother
So you've never shopped at a bodega, but you're caping for them :dahell:

I can't tell you how much trifling shyt these bodega owners do. Having stale ass food on the shelves, changing the expiration date, cursing you out if your total comes up to 45.20 and and you only have 45.19 and telling you to get the fukk out they store. Not to mention them nasty punk ass cats that be climbing all over shyt and calling grown ass men papi :scust:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So you've never shopped at a bodega, but you're caping for them :dahell:

I can't tell you how much trifling shyt these bodega owners do. Having stale ass food on the shelves, changing the expiration date, cursing you out if your total comes up to 45.20 and and you only have 45.19 and telling you to get the fukk out they store. Not to mention them nasty punk ass cats that be climbing all over shyt and calling grown ass men papi :scust:
I'm more caping for small businesses. I guess you can cherry pick the ones that you had bad experience with.

The financial affects don't cherry pick and affect future small business owners from even getting started.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Uber, Grubhub and DoorDash must pay NYC delivery workers an $18 minimum wage​

A first-of-its kind law requiring a minimum wage for app-based delivery workers will take effect after a judge rejected the companies' bid to block it.​

Cheyenne MacDonald
Cheyenne MacDonald

Weekend Editor

Thu, Sep 28, 2023, 5:31 PM EDT·1 min read

43715130-0bb5-11ee-9fff-3311302b8196

STRF/STAR MAX/IPx

Uber, DoorDash and Grubhub won’t be able to get out of paying minimum wage to their New York City delivery workers after all, following a judge’s decision to reject their bid to skirt the city’s new law. The upcoming law, which is still pending due to the companies’ ongoing lawsuit, aims to secure better wage protections for app-based workers. Once the suit settles, third-party delivery providers will have to pay delivery workers a minimum wage of roughly $18 per hour before tips, and keep up with the yearly increases, Reuters reports.

The amount, which will increase April 1 of every year, is slightly higher than the city’s standard minimum wage, taking into account the additional expenses gig workers face. At the moment, food delivery workers make an estimated $7-$11 per hour on average.

New York Acting Supreme Court Justice Nicholas Moyne put the law on pause back in July, when the three companies and the smaller delivery service, Relay Delivery, sued the city, arguing that the raised rates will have a negative impact on their services. With Moyne's latest decision, it’ll now move forward. While Uber, DoorDash and Grubhub will have to comply once it takes effect, Relay will be given more time to renegotiate its contracts with restaurants, according to Reuters.

The move makes NYC the first US city to require a minimum wage for app-based deliveries, and others are likely to follow suit. The city previously pushed ride hailing apps to raise their minimum rates for drivers, forcing Uber and Lyft to raise their per-mile rates by just over 5 percent in 2022.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Uber been on the scene for a decade plus.

This quarter, is the first quarter they've been profitable

Lol they been throwing money into a fire pit for years

And basically unless autonomous driving really becomes a thing they are gonna be on the earning pendulum forever

I would have to read the earnings report but I would bet most of that profit is from UberEats and lazy people who love paying outrageous fees that cost more than the goddamn food lol