Bobby Brown ascended to God Level in this

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
I doubt he'd get killed in a freestyle. The whole Billie Jean performance during Motown 25 was a freestyle. The nikka freestyled what is considered one of the greatest performes ever. To make it even crazier, he was unhappy with that performance. He thinks he could've done better...what kinda of shyt is that?
no it wasn't... it was rehearsed.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I think Bobby and Hammer would have killed MJ in a freestyle battle BUT MJ was like the DRake when it came to he could take your style, master it, and people think it was his because he does it some much better.

MJ put his own swag or twist on dance moves, while Hammer and Bobby were just straight dancing, white Chris brown is just impersonating them all (not saying this as a negative).

CB is the type where he will learn your moves and perfect it, but he isnt doing anything better than those before him, he can simply just do everything they did.

:patrice: these dudes were heavily influenced by late eighties early 90s house party style hip hop dancers

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
breh this is false :snoop:
of course mike could dance on his own, he choreographed most of his own shyt.
but if u put mike, c.b, hammer, omarion and bobby in a room to battle it out, you think mike winning???
mike was a dance performer , that's what i meant by choreograph .

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Now that we're talking about this, I need yall to clear something up. Was powerline on the goofy movie suppose to be bobby or tevin (which is the actual singing voice), because every time I see that movie I get a serious bobby vibe from that character.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
As far as MJ being a choreographed dancer.... :laff:

How many people you do know that have to train the choreographer on how to do certain steps. Not only that, but MJ was known to do a choreographed dance, step away and do his own thing, fall back in place with ease. When you see other dancers dancing beside MJ, you can almost see that they're counting steps in their heads. MJ practiced until he didn't have to think about the steps, comfortable enough to go off and do his thing, then fall back into place perfectly.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Mike, Bobby and hammer all got their moves by watching James Brown.
Chris is only impressive in this non dancing era. He just jerks around.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
of course mike could dance on his own, he choreographed most of his own shyt.
but if u put mike, c.b, hammer, omarion and bobby in a room to battle it out, you think mike winning???
mike was a dance performer , that's what i meant by choreograph .
idk. Hip hop style dancing is more geared to battling in the first place

But than again MJ gave usher an L when they battled

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that we're talking about this, I need yall to clear something up. Was powerline on the goofy movie suppose to be bobby or tevin (which is the actual singing voice), because every time I see that movie I get a serious bobby vibe from that character.
It was supposed to be Bobby. Hence the shoulder pads, hair cut n shyt.

Forever is the fourth studio album by American singer Bobby Brown. The album's only single, "Feelin' Inside", failed to impact the charts. The album was recorded after Brown left New Edition's Home Again tour in 1997. During this time, Brown was the original choice to play Powerline in Walt Disney Pictures's animated movie, A Goofy Movie, but was cut due to drug problems. Some of the songs Bobby did for the movie's soundtrack were revamped and ended up on Forever.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
As far as MJ being a choreographed dancer.... :laff:

How many people you do know that have to train the choreographer on how to do certain steps. Not only that, but MJ was known to do a choreographed dance, step away and do his own thing, fall back in place with ease. When you see other dancers dancing beside MJ, you can almost see that they're counting steps in their heads. MJ practiced until he didn't have to think about the steps, comfortable enough to go off and do his thing, then fall back into place perfectly.

Mike studied Fosse, gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Alvin Ailey dancers. He was able to mix the classical stuff with the street dancing of Jeffery Daniels and Turbo. Mj was able to master his choreography and then he had a attaché of moves to choose from in his arsenal and freestyle, then fall back in perfect step with his background dancers. He mastered that technique by age 14.

Mj was a true student of dance while Bobby and breezy are street dancers. I give Bobby the nod because he was the blueprint of bringing that street nikka shyt unfiltered to rnb. Before him, street dudes singing rnb had to front like they were wholesome. Plus dude was flat out entertaining and as a male, you ain't feel like a bytch watching him tear up the stage. Mj is the goat entertainer overall no doubt tho. He encompassed damn near every genre of entertainment