Bob Marley: One Love Biopic Starring Kingsley Ben-Adir & Lashana Lynch (Discussion Thread)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
My babes Lashana Lynch looking gorgeous as ever :wow:

The trailer looks pretty decent so I’ll probably take my mum and nan to watch this. The accents and speech patterns aren’t the worst which is promising but I know it’s going to be damn near impossible to capture everything that Bob Marley was. Also, I’m expecting a very cleaned up representation of him which will be polarizing for a lot of the older Jamaican viewers.

Cautiously optimistic though :ehh:

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
+

WSYdofr.png
Lol

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Everyone will fukk with this except Jamaicans.

Unless you can make a deep fake of Bob Marley and use his audio they won't be satisfied and even then they'll be mad that it's a deep fake.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Brehs, I hate how all Hollywoods, regardless of genre, trailers are cut and edited the same way

This is a bad trailer, but, interesting subject matter

I'd rather watch a documentary

Any good ones on Bob's life?

Correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t the youngest Marley son now older than his father was when he died?

Also contrary to popular belief, acting isn’t an easy job. Just because you may be related to someone doesn’t mean you can portray them or the studio’s interpretation of them. Acting takes a lot of hard work, double for biopics where you have to embody a nonfictional person
See All Eyez on Me

dude looks like he could be Pac's son...but, the acting....

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been listening to a lot of Bob Marley recently, so I might check this out day 1

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Erm I was here when they were casting last summer so I'm surprised they didn't have more born and bred Jamaicans in this. Would have been better imo

As a former member of the Rasta delegation you already know I'm not feeling the fake dreads.

My children went to England for the holidays last year but I was going to take my sons to audition for thee roles of young Stephen and young Ziggy.
My youngest son been here since he was 3 so he speaks mostly Patois now as it is actually part of the language system in school.

I didn't know that my cousin Tosin Cole was in this, he's Nigerian American but he was raised by my aunty who is born and bred Spain Townian.
His accent can be quite decent sometimes just from all the cussing we used to get growing up 😄