Bob Marley: One Love Biopic Starring Kingsley Ben-Adir & Lashana Lynch (Discussion Thread)

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
if you ain't born and raised in yard you ain't fully jamaican.

+

my nikka raheem sterling is jamaican

WSYdofr.png

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
It doesn't look bad. I might check it out.

Kingsley Ben-Adir, who plays Bob in this movie, also played Malcolm X in One Night in Miami. He was excellent as Malcolm in that movie.

His accent is a bit off, but that's to be expected; he's not Jamaican. It wasn't bad, though, especially compared to a lot of other Hollywood "Jamaican" accents.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bob’s youngest son is 44 and isn’t an actor, I’m fine with him not getting to audition to play his father in his early to mid 30s

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
He directed King Richard.

The writers are three white guys though. Take of that what you will (It doesn’t scream encouraging to me personally)
Been meaning to watch king Richard

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Never been.

However, I doubt they go hard as old South London esp. Brixton before gentrification & Handsworth. Most of the generation 40 & over can switch effortlessly from English to patois.

Not sure but I believe Bob Marley lived somewhere in London & Handsworth. And his career took off in the UK.

Regardless, stop the discrimination. As long you have ancestry in a place - that’s your heritage.
Jamaicans stay with that "if you nuh born a yaad, you a nuh real Jamaican" shyt then get mad when Jamaican diasporans don't rep or claim jamaica like that :mjlol: :camby: .

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He directed King Richard.

The writers are three white guys though. Take of that what you will (It doesn’t scream encouraging to me personally)
First thought is they should have got Shaka King, Judas and the Black Messiah, to give it that more gritty look.