Bob Marley: One Love Biopic Starring Kingsley Ben-Adir & Lashana Lynch (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Only people that might question the choice are actual Jamaicans and maybe some of the Afro-Brits and New Yorkers with Jamaican backgrounds....mainly by knowing whether actor breh has the speech patterns and mannerisms down.

Family had to choose between the best actor that could reasonably be believed as Bob Marley versus someone that might look/sound more like him but doesn't have the acting chops.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
I love Jamaicans but that Out of Many motto is one of the corniest and embarrassing things in the islands. Place is like 98 percent Black and they're firmly at the bottom but love that motto.

They'll accept some random Miss Chin and Uptown Whitey but let a British Jamaican say they're Jamaican and they'll start this shyt. All whilst accepting barrels and money.
That being said, Jamaican Diasporans sometimes do way too much :dead:

But... I aint Jamaican so I just leave them to it.

Typical diaspora vs home shyt that I never allow anyone to drag me into.

I hear that still.

Nigerians are on that fukkshyt as well sometimes & they call man “innit boys”. But it’s a minor as long as you’re proud of your heritage.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Nigerians are on that fukkshyt as well sometimes & they call man “innit boys”. But it’s a minor as long as you’re proud of your heritage.

Yeah lil jokes are fine but the problems come when people start being serious.

People can say what they want but Jamaicans and Nigerians are two sets of people who are super proud of their heritage, connected to their cultures and push their cultures worldwide.

How people see that as a negative is beyond me. Should be encouraging that love as much as possible. Really don’t like them type of discussions.

People back home are too used to people tryna kiss their ass for acceptance knowing damn well they’d swap places in a minute.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Trailer actually looks pretty good.

They got Lashana Lynch playing Rita? :leon: That light chick in the trailer must be Cindy Breakspeare. I do wish they would have got someone from yard to portray Bob, but it is what it is.

I remember years ago they were gonna get Rohan Marley and Lauryn Hill to portray Bob and Rita which would have been interesting.

I wonder who will be playing Peter Tosh.

They better include the CIA angle in it too.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Acting is a skill that can learnt smart ass.
First of all, eat a dikk. It was a legitimate question. Now assume that one of his sons got the role with no acting experience and it turned out terribly because he was learning on the job. Yall clowns be talking just to talk without giving it a second of thought. Out here wasting internet and shyt...smh.

Looks very well done, I wonder if they’ll incorporate the CIA angle

they gonna include how the CIA killed him?

full
First thing I thought of.

ONE OF Bob Marley's sons has claimed the children of the reggae legend were not given a chance to audition for the upcoming biopic.

probably for the best :yeshrug:

the others who didn't get the part would be mad at the one who did :ld:
:hubie:

Lol this is actually a debatable topic. Some would say acting is purely natural talent at a base level.
That's what I'm saying.

Hopefully this covers his CIA assasination :mjpls:

Correct me of i’m wrong but isn’t the youngest Marley son now older than his father was when he died?

Also contrary to popular belief, acting isn’t an easy job. Just because you may be related to someone doesn’t mean you can portray them or the studio’s interpretation of them. Acting takes a lot of hard work, double for biopics where you have to embody a nonfictional person
Nah, let him cook. Afterall, it's something that can just be learned... :russ: