Bob Marley: One Love Biopic Starring Kingsley Ben-Adir & Lashana Lynch (Discussion Thread)

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
lol is jamaican
if you ain't born and raised in yard you ain't fully jamaican

my nikka raheem sterling is jamaican but these other uk brehs? Nah

Is it cos Raheem Sterling was born in Jamaica? What happened to: “Out of Many One People”?:myman:

Ironically, while Raheem Sterling plays for England - half of Reggae Boys are British born.

No one reps JA harder than British Jamaicans - they have pictures of lions at home & Jamaican flags everywhere. Even the ones that are 5% Jamaican would throw hands if you tell them they’re not Jamaicans.:russ: @Iceson Beckford

Anyway, I believe Bob Marley’s family is in-charge of the movie & they gave their blessings. So, I don’t think it’s that deep still.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No one reps JA harder than British Jamaicans - they have pictures of lions at home & Jamaican flags everywhere. Even the ones that are 5% Jamaican would throw hands if you tell them they’re not Jamaicans

false guess you never been to canada

if you don't have a jamaican passport you ain't jamaican to me :hhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why didn’t they just get one of Marleys sons (he had a lot of kids)
to play him? That would of seem more fitting.

Correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t the youngest Marley son now older than his father was when he died?

Also contrary to popular belief, acting isn’t an easy job. Just because you may be related to someone doesn’t mean you can portray them or the studio’s interpretation of them. Acting takes a lot of hard work, double for biopics where you have to embody a nonfictional person

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Acting is a skill that can learnt smart ass.

Acting is an art you dedicate your life to. Treating it like little more than a job you train for, for a few months, is exactly why American actors are struggling right now compared to British counterparts who go to acting school and do theatre work. The best actor gets most roles. That's not gonna be one of his sons after a few months of training.

The dude playing Marley is a British/Trini actor, drama school grad, been in multiple movies.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
false guess you never been to canada

if you don't have a jamaican passport you ain't jamaican to me :hhh:

Never been.

However, I doubt they go hard as old South London esp. Brixton before gentrification & Handsworth. Most of the generation 40 & over can switch effortlessly from English to patois.

Not sure but I believe Bob Marley lived somewhere in London & Handsworth. And his career took off in the UK.

Regardless, stop the discrimination. As long you have ancestry in a place - that’s your heritage.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Is it cos Raheem Sterling was born in Jamaica? What happened to: “Out of Many One People”?:myman:

Ironically, while Raheem Sterling plays for England - half of Reggae Boys are British born.

No one reps JA harder than British Jamaicans - they have pictures of lions at home & Jamaican flags everywhere. Even the ones that are 5% Jamaican would throw hands if you tell them they’re not Jamaicans.:russ: @Iceson Beckford

Anyway, I believe Bob Marley’s family is in-charge of the movie & they gave their blessings. So, I don’t think it’s that deep still.
I love Jamaicans but that Out of Many motto is one of the corniest and embarrassing things in the islands. Place is like 98 percent Black and they're firmly at the bottom but love that motto.

They'll accept some random Miss Chin and Uptown Whitey but let a British Jamaican say they're Jamaican and they'll start this shyt. All whilst accepting barrels and money.
That being said, Jamaican Diasporans sometimes do way too much :dead:

But... I aint Jamaican so I just leave them to it.

Typical diaspora vs home shyt that I never allow anyone to drag me into.