Boardwalk Empire was supposed to be up there with the greats now its forgotten

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Shows don't need to go beyond six seasons in general
In a completely fictional story, I agree with you... but with a show that's embedded and rooted in actual history with countless interesting real characters/storylines to get into, Boardwalk Empire could have lived much longer IMO.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
In a completely fictional story, I agree with you... but with a show that's embedded and rooted in actual history with countless interesting real characters/storylines to get into, Boardwalk Empire could have lived much longer IMO.

there’s always going to be room for a mob show imo. I think about how Peaky Blinders has grown and it has been amazing.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
What's the story behind this? I never watched Vinyl but what made the Pilot expensive enough to be a reason the entire show tanked?
:picard:
The two hour pilot cost 30mil with Scorsese and Mick Jagger at the helm.

The budget was crazy high but what really did Vinyl in was the fact that it had poor audiences and critics. HBO saw high budget show that's not a hit and to the bushes it went.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still a great show imo.

just because it’s not on the level of the sopranos and the wire doesn’t mean it should be penalized. I’m probably in the minority but I’d say it’s just as good as breaking bad.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still a great show imo.

just because it’s not on the level of the sopranos and the wire doesn’t mean it should be penalized. I’m probably in the minority but I’d say it’s just as good as breaking bad.[/QUOTE]
:ohmy:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Gyp Rosetti's performance was so well received that they ended up cancelling the series in order to give him his own show :mjlol:
Ya'll fukked up liking him so much. Ironically i felt the show was better when they focused on real characters like Capone. They jumped the shark something series in season 3 and went downhill from there.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:The show sadly fell flat towards the end. Plus once they killed off Jimmy, it really went all over the place. I loved the show, but understood why it got lost with time due to the plot holes and wacky shyt that went beyond what the show should had been from the get go.