Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Damn I felt they could have went at least one more season. Anyone else feel there's gonna be a lot of time spent on exposition, having to explain what went down in the 2 years we missed. Could be a lot of telling and not showing the first few episodes.
Still can't wait. Sunday nights have been feeling empty.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Been watching some of the previous seasons....how did Doyle not get gunned down and clapped quick. Dude has no loyalty at all.

He's always positioned to make deal with someone....for as wack and spinless as dude is he is always in the right spot in the right time. I hate it and love it at the same time.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
A little preview/review for episode 1
BE5_772038_BE_EP501_042414_MP-3005_595_slogo.jpg

Boardwalk Empire returns for it's fifth and final season on September 7th with only 8 episodes to conclude the story of Enoch "Nucky" Thomson, which in my opinion, seems like a tall order, given the duplicitous nature of the character.

However, I was lucky enough to view the first few episodes early and I can tell you that, especially in the fifth season's first episode, a real effort has been made to begin to see where Nucky Thomson has been coming from all along.

The current story jumps seven years ahead to 1931 the beginning of the Depression Era, and where many hoped the Volstead Act was going to be immediately repealed, but Boardwalk is also flashing back to 1884 where the viewers are also treated to seeing the very young and seemingly honest Enoch begin to get swept up in struggle between his poor abusive father, a fisherman, and the wealthy commanding Commodore!

The episode's cinematography is breathtaking, but uniquely, as we shift from 1884 Atlantic City to Havana, Cuba 1931, and across to various parts of New York, it's almost like watching four different films being told in relation to each other in which each has their own unique color scheme. The contrast between 1884 Atlantic City and 1931 Havana are in particular contrast, which 1884 being pale and washed out and with Havana being the most vibrant that Boardwalk has ever been, but yet both seem to share in vast amounts of white! It makes it one of my favorite episodes to date! The episode also opens and ends with a great monologue being spoken by a female voice that's a story from the Golden Boys & Girls story-paper for children and is basically a poem siting that a bright future relies on being honest and true...

I don't want to give too much away since I will also be writing reviews each episode, so I will leave you with teasers: One character that the viewers know from all previous seasons has died off screen, another pair are about to rise to great power and change the way the Mob Families across the country fundamentally work, another character is attacked, another has been imprisoned, one character will loose their hat, one will have the key to a file. There will be dancing, there will be swimming, there will be talk of Bacardi Rum, and there will be a fight in the woods. Additionally not all of the main cast appears in the first episode, but we are introduced to new faces, most of which are secondary or in the past.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

So I've distanced myself from the news about this upcoming season, but................

Is there really any chance that this wraps up everything well? I mean the time jump from S4 to S5 is fukked up. All you have to do is look up what happens from 1924 to 1931 and you'll see that we aren't going to see A LOT of stuff pertaining to this story that we've all been following for years now.

How can they go from literally one of the best single seasons of TV I've ever seen with Season 4 and then do this with Season 5?

:why:

And they cut the number from 12 to 8 episodes?

:dahell:

I don't want to be negative, but WTF brehs

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So I've distanced myself from the news about this upcoming season, but................

Is there really any chance that this wraps up everything well? I mean the time jump from S4 to S5 is fukked up. All you have to do is look up what happens from 1924 to 1931 and you'll see that we aren't going to see A LOT of stuff pertaining to this story that we've all been following for years now.

How can they go from literally one of the best single seasons of TV I've ever seen with Season 4 and then do this with Season 5?

i am disappoint

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

Yeah shyt sucks but it is what it is. It's going to be sad to see an all time great series end.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm a little concerned about the young nucky flashbacks I've been hearing about. His character has been established just fine, we don't need to see him coming up poor with an alcoholic father to understand his motivations.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hol up not only is this the last season, It's only fukking 8 episodes:damn:

I've come to terms with this ending after I heard the news, but how they gonna pull this shyt. Couldn't even give us a full 12 like the past few season for the finale. I'm legit annoyed at this shyt. How do they plan to fast forward in time and explain shyt in 4 less episodes. :shaq2:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

im not even hyped for this new season because of it, so much great content they could use but are rushing to end instead

i might just wait till the whole season is released then watch it all

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
STILL not over that Richard Harrow death as he laid under the boards on the beach
:wow:

That always blew my mind how John "Don Magoo" Torrio took a bunch of hot ones point blank and pulled through, then Richard gets taken down by a .38 to the gut from across a ballroom :mindblown: