Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
I can't even watch this shyt now. Seems like a complete cop-out.

I was expecting AT LEAST 7 seasons.

i dont think its a cop out... the show doesnt have that big of an audience... were getting a final season... and 5-6 seasons is the best place for a drama to end...

nobody ever said... o man im so glad they went for those 7th and 8th seasons on show X.... it just never increases in quality.

season 4 was teh best season hopefully 5 is just as good

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i dont think its a cop out... the show doesnt have that big of an audience... were getting a final season... and 5-6 seasons is the best place for a drama to end...

nobody ever said... o man im so glad they went for those 7th and 8th seasons on show X.... it just never increases in quality.

season 4 was teh best season hopefully 5 is just as good

5 is normally the max amount for a show with regards to quality. 5 years is a long time and a lot of writing goes into it. That's hard to keep up.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Its ridiculous we wont get to see rothsteins death. Hes been a prominent character over the course of four seasons and they even set up a future story line with him and that annoying bytch last season.

I think the most annoying aspect of how this played out is how much time was wasted on plot lines that didnt matter and now we dont get to see major stories whatsoever.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
The biggest con of period pieces is they cost way to much and only get more expensive the longer they go on. Recreating 90 years ago at the level that BE does can't be a cheap thing to do. The club/band/dancer scenes and the tailored suit budget alone have to be through the roof.

Gotta put it on the list with Rome and Deadwood :to:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The biggest con of period pieces is they cost way to much and only get more expensive the longer they go on. Recreating 90 years ago at the level that BE does can't be a cheap thing to do. The club/band/dancer scenes and the tailored suit budget alone have to be through the roof.

Gotta put it on the list with Rome and Deadwood :to:

I wouldn't put it on the Deadwood list because that ended and it didn't get a proper ending. At least this is. Everyone went in knowing it was the last season so they wrote toward that. Like Justified next season

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Im hoping they show some big surprise trailer like an Al Capone spin off or better yet a Dr. Narcesse spin off. :lawd:
There's way too much food left on the table to wrap this up in only 8 episodes!!:damn:
There isn't going be any damn spinoffs , show was too expensive and now it's done. Enjoy the last 8. Not one show on premium cable ever had a spin off, BE was popular as hell and you think they going to develop a show on the Dr? Samething happened with Spartacus , people saying Caesar was going to have a spinoff.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Character who've died in between Season 4 and 5

Hymie Weiss - 1926
Mayor Ed Bader - 1927
Frankie Yale - 1928
Arnold Rothstein - 1928

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I don't really have a problem with this being the last season. I'd rather they stop with a good quality season than to keep making the show and see the quality fall. As for the 8 episodes; it does feel like we are being short changed. Condensing the material may make for an action packed season where every show ends on some type of cliff hanger just like the last season of breaking bad.