Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Van Aldens wife really just propositioned Eli in front of him like that :scusthov:, I thought she was a loyal ride or die chick :mjcry:

edit: she roofied him :damn:

do we really need to see Gillian anymore :beli:, her storyline ended perfectly last season i really dont understand these fukking writers. no one gives a shyt about her being in a mad house.

first nucky flashback i have liked, should of only had one ep of him as a kid

I don't care, man. Sigrid is probably the baddest chick on the show :takedat:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
wish the kid had the teeth. he was theoretically old enough to have adult teeth, no? they should have been Buscemi'd too

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
that was a terrible episode. terrible. 3 left. it was 50 fukkin minutes. Gillian, Chalky, who fukkin cares?! All that does is guarantee we're gonna see even more of them! fukk Narcisse. fukk that stripper/singer. fukk that entire storyline.

young Nucky was pitch perfect, but you could literally see the fake teeth in his mouth bulging out of his cheeks. Also, all that backstory is doing nothing to strengthen this character after 4 years.

Van Alden and Eli is constant entertainment though

If HBO allows history to play itself out, and they more than likely would, Torrio, Luciano & Lansky all died of natural causes. So Nucky not resting into their graves is a moot point....HBO gotta come up with a better ending because it seems like Nucky is going to die trying to war with these dudes.

What I don't get is, Marazano was nearly hit in that as well, shouldn't he send his faction to get Torrio & Luciano if Nucky already knows who the hit was from? And it would deviate from history though.

The part about Eli smashing Nelson's wife was crazy, especially since she was throwing him the puzzy from the kitchen table in front of everybody earlier. I think Eli survives but Nelson won't. Crazy watching the downfall of Capone of this standpoint.

The Gillian story is pointless, I really don't see how they're going to tie her whole story to the finale. Same thing with Chalky & Narcisse. But who else thinks that little girl on the couch is Chalky's daughter with Daughter? And how weird does that sound?
completely agree, and i really don't get why they continue to harp on these characters nobody cares about.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If HBO allows history to play itself out, and they more than likely would, Torrio, Luciano & Lansky all died of natural causes. So Nucky not resting into their graves is a moot point....HBO gotta come up with a better ending because it seems like Nucky is going to die trying to war with these dudes.

What I don't get is, Marazano was nearly hit in that as well, shouldn't he send his faction to get Torrio & Luciano if Nucky already knows who the hit was from? And it would deviate from history though.

The part about Eli smashing Nelson's wife was crazy, especially since she was throwing him the puzzy from the kitchen table in front of everybody earlier. I think Eli survives but Nelson won't. Crazy watching the downfall of Capone of this standpoint.

The Gillian story is pointless, I really don't see how they're going to tie her whole story to the finale. Same thing with Chalky & Narcisse. But who else thinks that little girl on the couch is Chalky's daughter with Daughter? And how weird does that sound?

I think Gillians scenes come to a point with the commodore in the flashbacks. Kinda showing that she never even had a chance to grow up really. I just don't think they're doing it well. This still was the best episode this season though.

Van Alden's :stopitslime:face to Eli while they were waiting in the room was pretty priceless.

:russ:

Was that supposed to be Eli's ex from the flashbacks in next weeks preview?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nucky's line "history doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme" seems to be the most important part of the episode. He's clearly referring to the Gyp Rosetti thing, but also probably the flashback beef we are seeing get going between the commodore and New York. My money is on Young Nucky putting in some major work in that beef and earning a place beside the commodore as an AC boss.

That's going to show us his determination to hold AC against New York and mirror his final conflict with Luciano and Lansky. All 3 conflicts (old AC beef, gyp and Luciano/Lansky) rhyme, but all play out in different ways and have different repercussions.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just as Chalky's about to unleash his vengeance:lawd:, Narcisse daughter's daughter is introduced:usure: Eli Holmes having another kid:flabbynsick: Van Alden's fouled wife with no fukks given:steviej: Luciano's henchman sprayed all those bullets:whew:, and everybody's still breathin:pachaha: Adult Nucky actor uncannily embodied Buscemi:wow: That has to be young Tommy:whoo:, cuz he maneuvers around exactly like Jimmy,:ohhh: that even Nuck paused to acknowledged him:huhldup: And, more pointless Gillians scenes:leostare:

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just as Chalky's about to unleash his vengeance:lawd:, Narcisse daughter's daughter is introduced:usure: Eli Holmes having another kid:flabbynsick: Van Alden's fouled wife with no fukks given:steviej: Luciano's henchman sprayed all those bullets:whew:, and everybody's still breathin:pachaha: Adult Nucky actor uncannily embodied Buscemi:yeshrug: That has to be young Tommy:whoo:, cuz he maneuvers around exactly like Jimmy,:ohhh: that even Nuck paused to acknowledged him:huhldup: And, more pointless Gillians scenes:leostare:

I couldn't tell if maranzano got killed or not. I know legend is that bugsy and some other dudes stabbed him in a hotel room, but the show have just decided to end it for him there.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I couldn't tell if maranzano got killed or not. I know legend is that bugsy and some other dudes stabbed him in a hotel room, but the show have just decided to end it for him there.

nah they showed him peeping from under a stool after the shooting. he still alive. i was waiting to see his body like :lupe:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It seemed like Torrio didn't want any part of Luciano's war, cuz he's at the end of his rope:old:

... all, he could do is sit back in his rocking chair, and watch the young guns takeover:ehh:

Last edited:

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nucky's line "history doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme" seems to be the most important part of the episode. He's clearly referring to the Gyp Rosetti thing, but also probably the flashback beef we are seeing get going between the commodore and New York. My money is on Young Nucky putting in some major work in that beef and earning a place beside the commodore as an AC boss.

That's going to show us his determination to hold AC against New York and mirror his final conflict with Luciano and Lansky. All 3 conflicts (old AC beef, gyp and Luciano/Lansky) rhyme, but all play out in different ways and have different repercussions.

It makes you wonder, if Young Nucky puts in major work....does that mean Jimmy wasn't his first body?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It makes you wonder, if Young Nucky puts in major work....does that mean Jimmy wasn't his first body?

Good question. I think Jimmy may have been the first person Nucky actually killed himself, but we know that he has ordered or arranged deaths before that (Margaret's husband, the d'lession brothers). I'm pretty sure Nucky at least ordered a few murders before the show started.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
That young kid (tommy maybe?) will be the one who merks Enoch in my opinion

Watch nuck squash the beef with Lucky/Lansky and think he's all clear...then lil Tommy comes up with the "this is for my father" dome shot :wow:

Maybe that's who Gillian was writing letters to :lupe: and he's gotta play a huge part somehow