Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're gonna act like Eli wasn't part of the same squad? We're gonna act like Eli wasn't the one that personally said "we should kill Nucky"? We're gonna act like Eli didn't try to murk Nucky in his own house?

They killed Jimmy to magically transform Nucky into a gangster. Why they'd do that, then turn his character into arguably the worst one on the show with all that simping, I dunno. I never liked the "Nucky is a gangster now" plot development anyway. Makes no sense.

Fred.
I still think its that Michael pitt was being too difficult . And they way he seemed to decide that at the last minute Terrence winter seemed to do it for that reason.
That's why it makes no sense when pretty much everyone's tried to kill Nucky and he still does business with them:usure:
He's not much of a gangster and he still simping . Killing people don't make you gangster just makes you a murderer .

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
We're gonna act like Eli wasn't part of the same squad? We're gonna act like Eli wasn't the one that personally said "we should kill Nucky"? We're gonna act like Eli didn't try to murk Nucky in his own house?

They killed Jimmy to magically transform Nucky into a gangster. Why they'd do that, then turn his character into arguably the worst one on the show with all that simping, I dunno. I never liked the "Nucky is a gangster now" plot development anyway. Makes no sense.

Fred.

Eli's his brother. :beli:

I liked Jimmy as much as the next guy, but Nucky had to kill him. Jimmy was the leader of the pack...Nuck wasn't in the room when Eli said "kill him already" and when he asks Eli whether he was a part of the hit and Eli denies it he wants to believe it.

Now Doyle still being alive makes little sense since he's been a part of two attempts on Nuck's life in addition to being a consistent fukkup , but he's a plot device, I guess :yeshrug:

Habit

Banned
Daps
Killing people don't make you gangster just makes you a murderer .

They have too much ground to cover, I doubt they are setting up Nucky to go trigger for trigger with real gangstas. Rothstein has sent killers on Nucky's behalf before, and Bugsy going to kill Gyp shows Nucky have people to handle the gangsta side of things.

The main thing this season was for him to get Atlantic City under control, it was all about changing his approach and not always being so political/half-gangsta. He tried to be political with Gyp and it got him no where.

But Nucky is gonna face a lot more challenges, since he went to jail, we know he's not gonna overcome them all. They are starting to apply pressure on Daugherty, so Gyp will not be Nucky's only worry.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did anybody notice that during Nucky & Arnold's heated exchange, the camera goes to Lucky & Owen just chilling in the room. Then Arnold emerges, he & Lucky bounce. Owen asks Nucky if there's anything he needed to know, Nucky ducks that & tells him something completely different.

I think during that off camera time is when Nucky & Arnold agreed to the hit on Gyp. And for some reason, Nucky choose to not let Owen know about it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Arnold basically called Nucky a simping fakkit to his face.....and as soon as Arnold leaves this nikka Nucky is worried about Billy and that damn play :dead:.

Nucky simpage knows no bounds.....and besides why he want that ole saggy face bytch anyway. I woulda rather eff with Margaret...at least she got the accent. :ld:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
up to epi 3 on this and maybe i'm just being reactionary but darmody's absence has left a gigantic hole in this show.It literally feels soulless glad the advertising pre-season about nucky not being able to be half a gangster didnt make tptb go OTT with him getting grimey.That just wouldnt suit

Not really feeling nucky's wife getting more airtime with this hospital s/l :scusthov: and what the fuk is the point of nelson van alden exactly? I swear since he drowned that dude and fled getting caught hes just been pathetic..Gyp is the kind of character that is suppose to have fanboys blowing their load and i'm sure I will appreciate him in hindsight when hes dead but I just cant take to the actor for what he did to my boy acevado on Oz :gag:

Why are tptb holding back on giving scarface the ball to run with? :why: and has nucky's bro caught the monstah or something

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
up to epi 3 on this and maybe i'm just being reactionary but darmody's absence has left a gigantic hole in this show.It literally feels soulless glad the advertising pre-season about nucky not being able to be half a gangster didnt make tptb go OTT with him getting grimey.That just wouldnt suit

Not really feeling nucky's wife getting more airtime with this hospital s/l :scusthov: and what the fuk is the point of nelson van alden exactly? I swear since he drowned that dude and fled getting caught hes just been pathetic..Gyp is the kind of character that is suppose to have fanboys blowing their load and i'm sure I will appreciate him in hindsight when hes dead but I just cant take to the actor for what he did to my boy acevado on Oz :gag:

Why are tptb holding back on giving scarface the ball to run with? :why: and has nucky's bro caught the monstah or something

May God reign fire upon your family you Demon! :pacspit:

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

wait till u get to epiosde 5 breh... the show is just garbage w/o jimmy... every other character is better and more likeable than nucky and margret

van alden's writing is straight up embarrassing

:sadcam:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Did anybody notice that during Nucky & Arnold's heated exchange, the camera goes to Lucky & Owen just chilling in the room. Then Arnold emerges, he & Lucky bounce. Owen asks Nucky if there's anything he needed to know, Nucky ducks that & tells him something completely different.

I think during that off camera time is when Nucky & Arnold agreed to the hit on Gyp. And for some reason, Nucky choose to not let Owen know about it.

he owen know.. the whole scene was used to throw you off.. if you listen in the backround they never stop yelling at each other. then arnold storms out. next thing you know when nucky and owen are talking, nucky asks owen what he thinks. owen says "i don't like it being out of our hands"

you still didn't know what he was talking about. you didn't know why benny was filing off those numbers.. you didn't even know it was him until he got upstairs. it was all to surprise you that rothstein and nucky were working together the whole time after that fight

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he owen know.. the whole scene was used to throw you off.. if you listen in the backround they never stop yelling at each other. then arnold storms out. next thing you know when nucky and owen are talking, nucky asks owen what he thinks. owen says "i don't like it being out of our hands"

you still didn't know what he was talking about. you didn't know why benny was filing off those numbers.. you didn't even know it was him until he got upstairs. it was all to surprise you that rothstein and nucky were working together the whole time after that fight
Yup your right in the after episode he said they did decide then .He just wanted to throw the viewer off .