Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Daps
Of course he has soldiers. Gyp doesn't walk around with his muscle, though. They wasn't in the diner with him.

You really believe Gyp has enemies like that, he seems very reasonable. Nucky has been unlikable since day 1.

Rothstein is schooling Nucky, telling Nucky he is being cavalier and taking this thing for a game.

First Harry Daugherty wants to distance himself, then Nucky makes the same move. He still using political maneuvers in the criminal world, Nucky gonna have a lot more blood on his hands.

How do you know where his muscle was when that meet took place? :what:

Unless you're talking about his other times in the diner.... to which I say nobody walks around with 24 hr protection.

As far as whether or not he has enemies, of course I don't know, cuz they've told us almost nothing about his operation. He's not a likable guy, tho (Nuck is far more likable and far more savvy), but he'd only get enemies if he crossed someone, which they haven't shown, or if he created an enemy over some dumb shyt that he perceived as a slight. Gyp says himself that he's gotta remember that friends are better than enemies... so yea, I think he has a higher propensity for enemies than, say, Nuck.

And it's funny that you'd call Gyp reasonable when he just got a month's supply of booze for free along with a free stay to partake in all that Atlantic City has to offer (a deal he agreed to) yet he threw it all out the window simply cuz Nuck wishes him good luck (a gesture which was innocuous in and of itself but even more innocent when you consider their dinner conversation) :rudy:

Habit

Banned
Daps
How do you know where his muscle was when that meet took place? :what:

Unless you're talking about his other times in the diner.... to which I say nobody walks around with 24 hr protection.

As far as whether or not he has enemies, of course I don't know, cuz they've told us almost nothing about his operation. He's not a likable guy, tho (Nuck is far more likable and far more savvy), but he'd only get enemies if he crossed someone, which they haven't shown, or if he created an enemy over some dumb shyt that he perceived as a slight. Gyp says himself that he's gotta remember that friends are better than enemies... so yea, I think he has a higher propensity for enemies than, say, Nuck.

And it's funny that you'd call Gyp reasonable when he just got a month's supply of booze for free along with a free stay to partake in all that Atlantic City has to offer (a deal he agreed to) yet he threw it all out the window simply cuz Nuck wishes him good luck (a gesture which was innocuous in and of itself but even more innocent when you consider their dinner conversation) :rudy:

You can't call Nucky's actions simply a slight or innocuous. Nucky might be saavy, but he is not likeable at all, he is a callous individual. Maybe he's like that because his wife and kid died. The theme of this show will be about Nucky keep running into problems of his own doing because of his personality disorder.

I didn't forget he helped Chalky after that murder charge. But, like Eli said he will use anyone, you forget this is the same man that pimps underage girls like Gillian.

Daps
You can't call Nucky's actions simply a slight or innocuous. Nucky might be saavy, but he is not likeable at all, he is a callous individual. Maybe he's like that because his wife and kid died. The theme of this show will be about Nucky keep running into problems of his bad own doing because of his personality disorder.

I didn't forget he helped Chalky after that murder charge. But, like Eli said he will use anyone, you forget this is the same man that pimps underage girls like Gillian.

Dog, you're all over the place.

The only thing I called innocuous was Nucky's gesture when delivering Gyp's booze (he had Owen say "Good Luck" in Italian). That was innocuous. There was no hidden intent behind it and it was in direct response to Gyp's toast at their private dinner. I brought that up as evidence that Gyp is NOT a reasonable person. He just went back on his word and terminated a deal he negotiated to, agreed to, and shook on all because of some perceived slight in Nucky wishing him good luck. This is the man you call reasonable????

And Nucky never pimped Gillian or any other underage girl (at least they never mention it if he did). The Commodore pointed her out and Nucky went and got it her, cuz Nucky was his lackey and that was his job. Nucky didn't parade girls around in front of the Commodore for him to choose.

Habit

Banned
Daps
Dog, you're all over the place.

The only thing I called innocuous was Nucky's gesture when delivering Gyp's booze (he had Owen say "Good Luck" in Italian). That was innocuous. There was no hidden intent behind it and it was in direct response to Gyp's toast at their private dinner. I brought that up as evidence that Gyp is NOT a reasonable person. He just went back on his word and terminated a deal he negotiated to, agreed to, and shook on all because of some perceived slight in Nucky wishing him good luck. This is the man you call reasonable????

And Nucky never pimped Gillian or any other underage girl (at least they never mention it if he did). The Commodore pointed her out and Nucky went and got it her, cuz Nucky was his lackey and that was his job. Nucky didn't parade girls around in front of the Commodore for him to choose.

I included Nucky's track record, just in case people forgot. You can't find one person who will tell you Nucky's character is likeable, with Jimmy gone it is even more apparent.

Nucky rubs people the wrong way. I can list 20+ examples, he's like Alonzo Harris, he don't respect nothing. He's been doing it since day 1.

He should have never treated Gyp like a chump. You probably would have accepted the treatment, and smiled all the way home from all that free liquor. Gyp did not take the news well, but you don't add insult to injury.

Daps
I included Nucky's track record, just in case people forgot. You can't find one person who will tell you Nucky's character is likeable, with Jimmy gone it is even more apparent.

Nucky rubs people the wrong way. I can list 20+ examples, he's like Alonzo Harris, he don't respect nothing. He's been doing it since day 1.

He should have never treated Gyp like a chump. You probably would have accepted the treatment, and smiled all the way home from all that free liquor. Gyp did not take the news well, but you don't add insult to injury.

How did he treat Gyp like a chump?

Was it when he gave him a month's worth of free liquor? Was it when he treated him and his men to a free weekend in Atlantic City? When was this?

You ever going to explain what makes you think Gyp is reasonable? I've explained why I disagree with that.

As far as Nucky's likeability, you talking about likeable to the audience or likeable to other characters?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Nah there's nothing Nucky could've done different with Gyp. That dude is just an over-sensitive psycho. Even Gyp's man was rolling his eyes at him taking such offense to that 'parting shot' by Owen. Dude was like pfft don't worry about its nothing...while Gyp in the corner going...

1310121676_angry_wrestler.gif

Daps
Nah there's nothing Nucky could've done different with Gyp. That dude is just an over-sensitive psycho. Even Gyp's man was rolling his eyes at him taking such offense to that 'parting shot' by Owen. Dude was like pfft don't worry about its nothing...while Gyp in the corner going...

1310121676_angry_wrestler.gif

Only thing Nuck could've done differently was actually show up to deliver the booze and see Gyp off (especially since he told Gyp he'd be there).

He knew how overly sensitive Gyp is, he should've saw that deal through to the end, especially with all that he had riding on it (he was already late to AR...his only customer).

Habit

Banned
Daps
How did he treat Gyp like a chump?

Was it when he gave him a month's worth of free liquor? Was it when he treated him and his men to a free weekend in Atlantic City? When was this?

You ever going to explain what makes you think Gyp is reasonable? I've explained why I disagree with that.

As far as Nucky's likeability, you talking about likeable to the audience or likeable to other characters?

I admitted Gyp did not take the news well. No one else at the table stressed over it, so Gyp is just being difficult. But personality clashes are known to happen.

Force must be met with force, instead he gave him free liquor after Gyp does a show of force. :smh:

If Jimmy was was around, Gyp would have left town either in a hearse or a Cadillac. Nucky is handling it all wrong. Nucky is still being political, when you deal with Rothstein you know there is always a threat of violence.

At this point Gyp does not respect Nucky, power and strength is the only thing Gyp would have understood. That's why I don't think Gyp fukks around like that in New York or he would have been ran out NY a long time ago.

Nucky is not likeable to the audience or to the other characters, even people in this thread are trying to figure out why they could never connect to his character.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Only thing Nuck could've done differently was actually show up to deliver the booze and see Gyp off (especially since he told Gyp he'd be there).

He knew how overly sensitive Gyp is, he should've saw that deal through to the end, especially with all that he had riding on it (he was already late to AR...his only customer).

Maybe....but its obvious Gyp was looking for anything to get mad at, so even if Nuck showed up, he would've found something wrong...thats the nature of over-sensitive bytches. :yeshrug:

Habit

Banned
Daps
Maybe....but its obvious Gyp was looking for anything to get mad at, so even if Nuck showed up, he would've found something wrong...thats the nature of over-sensitive bytches. :yeshrug:

Basically, Nucky trying to pacify the dude was stupid, he would have been back next month.

Daps

Yea, I mean, he's a fictional character who's whole purpose was to cause trouble for Nuck...so in that sense there's nothing Nuck could've done.

I agree Nuck handled it as well as he could outside of that one gesture.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I miss my man jimmy darmody. I see him everytime i go to the mall though on the prada store billboard. :damn:

prada1.jpg

Daps
I admitted Gyp did not take the news well. No one else at the table stressed over it, so Gyp is just being difficult. But personality clashes are known to happen.

Force must be met with force, instead he gave him free liquor after Gyp does a show of force. :smh:

If Jimmy was was around, Gyp would have left town either in a hearse or a Cadillac. Nucky is handling it all wrong. Nucky is still being political, when you deal with Rothstein you know there is always a threat of violence.

At this point Gyp does not respect Nucky, power and strength is the only thing Gyp would have understood. That's why I don't think Gyp fukks around like that in New York or he would have been ran out NY a long time ago.

Nucky is not likeable to the audience or to the other characters, even people in this thread are trying to figure out why they could never connect to his character.

A deal Gyp agreed to.

I don't see why you think Gyp respects anything and acts differently when in NY, cuz they haven't shown that, (he chewed out some NY heavyweights in Nuck's basement), but whatever :yeshrug:

Nuck's likeability to other characters depends on what he's doing for them at that moment...the nature of the business he's in.

Nuck's likeability to the audience is all personal opinion. I've seen many complain about him, but there's also those who like him...including me (outside of his ridiculous simping nature :scusthov:)