Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Who were those people celebrating with the champagne ?? And wasn't it supposed to be for a highway ?

if i remember correctly they were just guys who were in politics and worked under nucky, like the mayor and the one guy who didnt turn on nucky in beginning of season 2. im not sure if they all got a stake of the land deal, with nuck getting the biggest piece but then being shipped to the church.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im real late with this and im sure not all of ya knew about this little bit of info but..

ya knew hyman roth and moe greene were based on meyer lansky and bugsy siegel? the same shyt that went down with roth and greene in the godfather 1&2 really happened with lansky and siegel in the later part of their lives.

i was reading up on lansky, luciano and siegel yesterday bored at work and i was just like :damn:, these nikkas were fukking OG's. i cant wait to see luciano turn into the boss of all bosses later on in the series, they got a lot of story to work with cause the later part of his life is fukking crazy

i always thought capone was like the biggest OG out of all of them but that nikka ran only chicago, luciano was running EVERYTHING and the first one at that with the creation of the national crime syndicate...

edit:

whats also interesting that i didnt know was that nucky hosted the first meeting that formed the National crime syndicate, which included Luciano,Lansky,Siegel,Capone,johnny torrio, n joe masseria...characters that have all appeared on the show (n other dudes like dutch shultz that we should see later in the series). so im positive we gon get this far in the show..maybe around season 5-8..fukking dope

As I've stated before, I'm a big Luciano fan. I'd love to see his rise too, but folks be getting ahead of themselves too much & I think it's because we know the history on Luciano, Lansky, Capone, etc.

But this particular show, begins & ends with Nucky Thompson. They may or may not include other legendary people in the actual show. Maybe off screen mentions. Like unless the Castellammarese War directly affects Nucky's business, I don't see the writers touching on it too much if the show's seasons go that long.

Although, the current season is set in 1923, they've skipped a couple years I believe. In 1925, Luciano was earning over $10 million a year, so it's going to get interesting.

Blink & you miss the return of young Bugsy Siegel in next week's show. Can't wait! /BartScott

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The actor who plays Gyp Rossetti is pretty good :ehh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji8iA2cyLqc"]Bobby Cannavale - clip - YouTube[/ame]

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I was reading elsewhere, and an interesting point was made.

Did Nucky really lose by having that shipment get stopped by Rosetti? Rothstein was expecting it the next night and Nucky got his dates mixed up. :ehh:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Whats 10 milli adjusted to todays inflation? :jawalrus:

edit: Its a 129.3 million :russ:
That's what I was trippin' on.. He gave dude $40,000 and I'm like wtf? :ohhh: I thought that was 5 million on todays rate but its actually 129 milly huh :wow:
What kind of money does Nucky have truthfully? think they're making him out to be too rich

killacal

Banned
Daps
Does the bytch live in an apt? Cuz when Nuck told Rothstein about the heating problem he knew exactly who he was talking about. Think about how many places hes the landlord of

Nuck: You have a leak at 123 main st :cape:

Roth: You mean that ho's place? Find my razor :mjpls:

Nuck: :damn: Maybe shell stay if I make her food :sadcam:

Daps
Who were those people celebrating with the champagne ?? And wasn't it supposed to be for a highway ?

if i remember correctly they were just guys who were in politics and worked under nucky, like the mayor and the one guy who didnt turn on nucky in beginning of season 2. im not sure if they all got a stake of the land deal, with nuck getting the biggest piece but then being shipped to the church.

Yea those were Nucky's political friends, but they WERE in on the land deal. If you recall in an earlier episode, Nucky lays out a map in his office and shows the plots of land still available for sale.

They each bought their own plots, Margaret only gave away Nucky's land.

And it was for a highway. A funny part in the first episode is when the head of the hospital tells Nucky "can you imagine being in a wasteland like Egypt and discovering there's a fortune under your feet?" and Nucky responds "i can actually" and gives Margaret the side eye.

Daps

Did Nucky really lose by having that shipment get stopped by Rosetti? Rothstein was expecting it the next night and Nucky got his dates mixed up. :ehh:

Nucky had his dates mixed up... Owen and Doyle and them did not. They were delivering on the correct date.

Remember that AR meeting happened before Eli woke up and built that plane for his son. Eli then went to work and helped load the trucks that were headed out that night.... the correct date.

That's what I was trippin' on.. He gave dude $40,000 and I'm like wtf? :ohhh: I thought that was 5 million on todays rate but its actually 129 milly huh :wow:
What kind of money does Nucky have truthfully? think they're making him out to be too rich

Lol, $40k isn't $129M....$10M is $129M

$40k is what he pays Harry monthly...$10M is what we estimate Nucky does a year.

And that's revenue, not profit.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You're missing the point.

How the hell did the guy even get an invite to the meeting in the first place if he's so unstable that he kills people over nothing? Who else at the table is that crazy? Nobody....so why would Nucky associate with someone like that, when he never has before? I realize the writers wanted to set up a new antagonist but they could've been a little more subtle about it.

And this has been a common complaint among TV critics, so it's not as if I'm just pulling shyt out of thin air to complain about.

Fred.

One of the show's characters was responsible for the real life "Valentines Day Massacre"!!! You speak as if this are all upstanding members of the community!!!

Since when do gangsters run criminal/psychological background test on people they make money with??!!!!

:what:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

yea i said that to myself as i was watching actually. i wonder how it'll play out when Nucky finds out.

if so though, they have 24 hours to either work something out with Gyp or take his ass out then, don't they?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One of the show's characters was responsible for the real life "Valentines Day Massacre"!!! You speak as if this are all upstanding members of the community!!!

Since when do gangsters run criminal/psychological background test on people they make money with??!!!!

:what:

Yes, because you need a psych eval to see Rosetti is a complete fukking lunatic, right?

:stopitslime:

Fred.