Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:manny: Do you breh. I acknowledge you're not pushing BB bias into this thread.

I'm just saying that the reason some dudes here are chafing at the known BB stans is because some of the zealots on your side tried to pollute the thread earlier on.

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was great, but BE has always had a tendency to take a while for it get going.

And I'm I the only one that thinks that Nucky Thompson is the weakest character on the show out of all the regulars? Buscemi is a great actor, but this role was not made for him to play, and I think that Terence Winter missed the boat by casting him.

co-sign

Nuckys the wackest swagless character on the show. Flipping the commodore's lobster in season 2 was the gulliest thing he did.

1. Simped some broad with kids and she took away his land deal = lawse
2. Raising some brats that not his own = lawse
3. Said broad fukks the help in his bed = lawse
4. Begged Jimmy to come back and be his muscle in season 1 = lawse
5. Got shot at twice, no one respects his gangster = lawse

Nucky gotta have the biggest recipient of dumb luck (or terrible writing):
1. Jimmy being shook of him for no reason (which makes no sense) and cleaning up all his messes (season 1 and season 2 wtf)
2. Commodore getting a stroke
3. Dumb Irish guy coming outta literally nowhere to be his new indestructible muscle (another wack character)
4. Manny killing Jimmy's wife, making Jimmy lose his nerve and give up. Nucky only got to kill Jimmy because he basically gave up on life.

BE is not a top tier show when the main character is the weakest.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
co-sign

Nuckys the wackest swagless character on the show. Flipping the commodore's lobster in season 2 was the gulliest thing he did.

1. Jimmy being shook of him for no reason (which makes no sense) and cleaning up all his messes (season 1 and season 2 wtf)
3. Dumb Irish guy coming outta literally nowhere to be his new indestructible muscle (another wack character)
4. Manny killing Jimmy's wife, making Jimmy lose his nerve and give up. Nucky only got to kill Jimmy because he basically gave up on life.

People are gonna think you're me. I just know it. :snoop:

Fred.

Daps
BE stans just don't want criticism from BB stans especially when you have nikkas like Nagra shytting on GoT and BE talking about these series ain't about shyt.

Never mind the fact that BB has like a 2-3 seasons head start on them
:rudy:

BB is almost done and GoT has an estimated 10 more seasons to go (if they're doing two seasons per book) and who knows how long BE is going to last since Nucky's storyline doesn't end until 1933. Who knows how great or bad they will get during their run? People need to stop screaming GOAT until all of these shows are finished.

:ooh:

You better not be pulling my leg :birdman:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
GoT is not gonna last 10. I give it 7 or 8.

That's why I said an estimated. George RR Martin is worried that the show may catch up before he finishes the books. He's not even done with book six yet and he has book 7 to start.

Seeing how it took him years to release AffC and ADwD (five each I think). AffC and ADwD may get split seasons to give Martin more time.

Book 3 (ASoS) is getting two seasons. AffC (being the shortest book) may get one and ADwD most likely will get two. That makes 7 seasons already and then there's The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring which and that makes 9 assuming those future books are only getting one season.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
That's why I said an estimated. George RR Martin is worried that the show may catch up before he finishes the books. He's not even done with book six yet and he has book 7 to start.

Seeing how it took him years to release AffC and ADwD (five each I think). AffC and ADwD may get split seasons to give Martin more time.

Book 3 (ASoS) is getting two seasons. AffC (being the shortest book) may get one and ADwD most likely will get two. That makes 7 seasons already and then there's The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring which and that makes 9 assuming those future books are only getting one season.

ADWD might get 3 breh...its the biggest book and not to mention its chock full of information....im glad the show chose to not focus on some minor POVs and stick with the main people we care about. Something that Boardwalk missteps on sometimes...

But I disagree with Nucky being weak, much of the machinations in the show are his doing.

The plan to go to Ireland HIMSELF and let the Commodore and them THINK they had control of the city, but have Chalky and them go on strike was genius. Just cuz the Sinn Fein cats was acting weak, didn't mean it wasn't a good plan...in fact it was such a good deal they capped McGarrigle like :ooh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
ADWD might get 3 breh...its the biggest book and not to mention its chock full of information....im glad the show chose to not focus on some minor POVs and stick with the main people we care about. Something that Boardwalk missteps on sometimes...

:damn: 3 seasons?! I'm only a hundred pages through ADwD, I knew it was the big book so I assumed two seasons for it like Book 3 is getting. See that's why I initially thought GoT might get up to 10 seasons now you telling me it might go over that? :dwillhuh: Has a 1 hour HBO show ever ran that long?

But I disagree with Nucky being weak, much of the machinations in the show are his doing.

The plan to go to Ireland HIMSELF and let the Commodore and them THINK they had control of the city, but have Chalky and them go on strike was genius. Just cuz the Sinn Fein cats was acting weak, didn't mean it wasn't a good plan...in fact it was such a good deal they capped McGarrigle like :ooh:

Yeah, I don't think Nucky is weak either just less interesting then the backdrop dudes but Nuck is a formidable cat even when shyt ain't going his way.

Rosetti is just the big bad of the season and we know how those dudes end up :jawalrus: I hope he gets more quotables through the series all the way up to his exit.

Habit

Banned
Daps
co-sign

Nucky has never put the show on his back.

Jimmy put the show on his back the first 2 seasons, Chalky and Purnsley >>> Nucky. Hate the show all you want, but the story and the characters are too good. Capone is stealing the show in season 3, they laid down a lot of groundwork for his character since season 1. & Rothstein is always golden.

At this point we are waiting for more legendary gangstas, more legendary milestones like the Commission & Murder Inc and more classic wars to happen.

Terrance Winter came back to show people how its done. After 27 episodes is there any doubt he can pull it off?

Even hexagram23 was crying about and how he gonna miss the drama between Nucky and Jimmy.

Nah. People this is a crime story.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
about GOT..it could be going up to 10 because they havent even touched on all the flashbacks yet and GRRM said recently they HAVE TO show flashbacks at one point or another in the show to make sense of the overall story..

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nucky has never put the show on his back.

Jimmy put the show on his back the first 2 seasons, Chalky and Purnsley >>> Nucky. Hate the show all you want, but the story and the characters are too good. Capone is stealing the show in season 3, they laid down a lot of groundwork for his character since season 1. & Rothstein is always golden.

At this point we are waiting for more legendary gangstas, more legendary milestones like the Commission & Murder Inc and more classic wars to happen.

Terrance Winter came back to show people how its done. After 27 episodes is there any doubt he can pull it off?

Even hexagram23 was crying about and how he gonna miss the drama between Nucky and Jimmy.

Nah. People this is a crime story.

Nucky's story is supposed to be the central piece of the show, but his character is so weak, others outshine him on the reg.

I don't hate BE, its just ok, def not top tier.