Blueprint artwork wasnt 100% original.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
jay named his record label after another man

this man has and is still THE MOST POWERFUL MAN in the world tho..... not the og rock but he is one of the 14 bloodlines

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
yea..Cam was lying about a few things to make himself look tougher and realer n shyt..lol..

Cam most likely told Young Guru to scrap it and thinking he had did amd for someone to go into Roca-A-Fella and get (or so he thought) Jays verse deleted probably stroke Cams ego something serious while Young Guru was like :whistle: putting it onto a hard drive... verse must've been trash because i wouldn't have been surprised to see Hov throw it out there on the S. Carter mixtape to annoy Cam considering the sublims he was sending at Jay around that time

I even stated on the unpopular hip hop opinions thread that KC is a great album to me, minus the Beyonce and Usher songs

if Pharrell kept that joint for himself or for another rapper that song could've been great but theres something about Jay on it he just sounds........old ?

T.I. at that time could've did something with it.

Stans like you makes these so called "haters" hate on the artists even more.
Eminem is a good example of this.

used to the Nas/Jay ones though.
Eminem is a good choice.. throw in Lupe too.

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Oh boy wasn't for Jay tho..it was made for Bleek and Bleek didn't like it so Cam asked can he have it...and they sped the beat up Lil bit and used it...so its likely that Cam would've have still gotten Oh Boy regardless..Izzo was Cam's beat but jay strongarmed it...somethin Jay has been doing since Reasonable Doubt...

:what:

thats not the version of the story i heard..

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
Show me 5 album covers that are original and ill hunt down the source or something close.

Challenge accepted.

snoop-doggystyle.jpg

Too-Short-Born-To-Mack.jpg

C-Murder%20Life%20or%20Death%20CD.jpg

http://image.lyricspond.com/image/o/artist-ol-dirty-b*stard/album-nikka-please/cd-cover.jpg

amerikkkas-most.jpg

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes this an issue is that the cover got props from many people who thought it was an original work of Jay and his staff. Had they referenced a well known photo it would not be an issue because it would be clear that they borrowed the concept. Without giving credit to the original photo it comes off as stealing a concept and passing it off as their own.

It has nothing to do with originality at all really, just seemingly taking undue credit because it is a lesser known photo. How are people really trying to justify this? Regardless of whether someone is a Jay fan or hater, putting biases aside I'd think people would find this unacceptable.