Blu & Exile - Miles (Discussion Thread)

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh this out? Need to hear this, Exile is 1 of my favourite producers and Blu on point is nice on the mic too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was never gonna be Below The Heavens, because Blu’s not as poetic anymore and even if there are flashes of brilliance here and there, his flow isn’t what it used to be either. But I remember reading Give Me My Flowers… was just them making more music for their own enjoyment and was only released to the public due to the fans being desperate for a follow-up. Miles, however, sounds like they set out to make a very focused album and shows Blu at his most personal in years.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
:wow: listening to the first song now and Blu is sounding the best I’ve heard him in years. Focused, not rambling, shyt is mastered and everything lol sounds like Exile has branched his style our a bit too, he was getting a bit formulaic last tike I really checked for him with the bouncy drums and the way he chopped the samples. Gonna give this a good listen, might be able to chuck it on at work since I’m here alone today.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In addition to the return of God in his music with Dear Lord, I caught a few familiar lines as well:
“Birds of a feather flock together” Below The Heavens
“My dad gave me LL’s Bad before I had Michael Jackson’s” Johnson & Jonson
“I once got busy in the Burger King bathroom” NoYork