Blu & Exile - Miles (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’ll peep. Blu sounds sober and focused on the singles. Their first album was one of those albums that defined my life at the time. I liked the Johnson&Johnson album a lot, loved Her Favorite Color, and enjoyed various loosies in between. When he went deep into lo fi, unmastered shyt I tuned out. That second album with Exile wasn’t bad but I remember hearing the leak first and it kinda ruined the actual album for me.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The second half of the album is a little weak but it's not trash
Agreed. I wish more records stuck out towards the end. Like you said, not trash but just a little weaker than the beginning

I like the record with Miguel, sounds like classic Blu & Ex

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Agreed. I wish more records stuck out towards the end. Like you said, not trash but just a little weaker than the beginning

I like the record with Miguel, sounds like classic Blu & Ex
I don't really think there's one classic song on this album to be honest with you. I haven't run anything back but there are enough good songs for me to take out and to put into my epic blu playlist

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is going to take some time to really digest due to the length but so far... this sounds amazing :wow:

Imma cop the triple wax no question :ohlawd:

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
After two listens i can say its a top 3 rap album of the year for me, i only put RTJ and Ka above it.
I liked every tracks, some highs (Troubled Water, The Feeling, Miles Davis, Miles Away, The End, To The Fall, But Not Forgotten) but no lows. Very consistent for a 96 minutes record, impressive.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with those who said the 2nd half is a lil bit weaker than the 1st but this is still a great project. Blu has hit his stride again, alot of nikkas slept on that project he dropped with Damu last year and that shyt was fire as well.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Agree with those who said the 2nd half is a lil bit weaker than the 1st but this is still a great project. Blu has hit his stride again, alot of nikkas slept on that project he dropped with Damu last year and that shyt was fire as well.
I'm in agreement