[Bloomberg] Disney board feeling pressured to expand into gaming, considering EA purchase

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Disney might push them to make games that are outside of their general area of experience. Instead of generic sports titles, they might push whatever is currently popular at a given time.
But i get what you and other people who have responded to my post are trying to say. "EA is trash" Disney can't break something that is already broken etc"

Thats tangential to the point i'm making. Which is you can't really change the direction an established studio, they either make what they usually make or they dissolve.
What i'm saying is big companies that buy out established studio often think that can change them and create a new vision. not so
EA is full of talented developers and studios that have worked on different types of games including RPGs and RTS, they would be fine, game developers can do more than one style of game.

EA is perfect for Disney, they already do the Star Wars games, they can do some shyt with EA sports and ESPN, bundle some games with D+, get some studios to make Disney/Marvel games.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
EA is full of talented developers and studios that have worked on different types of games including RPGs and RTS, they would be fine, game developers can do more than one style of game.

EA is perfect for Disney, they already do the Star Wars games, they can do some shyt with EA sports and ESPN, bundle some games with D+, get some studios to make Disney/Marvel games.
Starwars games were much higher in quality before EA got the exclusive rights. Bioware starwars games >>>> EA.
Lucasarts Force unleashed >>>>>> fallen order series.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Starwars games were much higher in quality before EA got the exclusive rights. Bioware starwars games >>>> EA.
Lucasarts Force unleashed >>>>>> fallen order series.
Bioware is part of EA now and Fallen Order >>>> Force Unleashed :blessed:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I rather them buy Nintendo (i know they're not on the table) or Pokemon (also not in the cards). shyt, maybe buy Sega, Capcom. They have IP that are kid-friendly and they can incorporate into movies and theme parks.

Disney have the money to build their own studio from scratch and have the IP to be a big player on Day 1. Just buy a small indy studio as the seed to become a goliath.
Why are people so accepting of these mega corporations buying their way to the top of multiple industries?

Disney is already big enough, some would argue that they're too big right now.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:why: These nikkas shaved off their gaming division to license out IPs and now want they want to start over again. It’ll just be another body to the pile of Lucasfilm, Marvel, & Pixar, Bob Iger is a fukkin idiot.

Exactly...:heh: all the money and resources they could have built theri own up and kept everything in-house...:heh:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Well, they shouldve been remade or remastered Epic Mickey. From a purely creative perspective. Thats money on the table. On top of that though, Disney is an IP farm. Any concept can be applied to their franchises and have a guaranteed audience.

They need more gamer minded people out there. I know their licensing team is full of Sony and Square Enix vets. They need an in house team like Portkey Games with Hogwarts to work more closely with developers. Its a billion dollar industry that they aren't really apart of.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Doing too much.
Yeah they would be better served with just making games, he’ll if they did exclusive games on the switch shyt would be fire. The two companies should have closer ties.

Also, I know Nintendo would have likely said no because of its cultural values, but years ago after that WiiU bombed and Japan had that earthquake….. they should of tried to buy Nintendo on some “fukk it why not” steeze…. I think it’s too late and EA ain’t saving them.