[Bloomberg] Disney board feeling pressured to expand into gaming, considering EA purchase

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:ohhh:EA BIG Goofy Skateboarding
51X3VVFBZAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Why is he tooted up like that? :dame:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I rather them buy Nintendo (i know they're not on the table) or Pokemon (also not in the cards). shyt, maybe buy Sega, Capcom. They have IP that are kid-friendly and they can incorporate into movies and theme parks.

Disney have the money to build their own studio from scratch and have the IP to be a big player on Day 1. Just buy a small indy studio as the seed to become a goliath.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
EA makes the star wars games. So I can see why they want to do this.

StackUp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
not sure what happened to it but i remember having A LOT of fun playing their split second racing game - it might've only been the demo but it was FIRE

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What magic is EA gonna lose?
Disney might push them to make games that are outside of their general area of experience. Instead of generic sports titles, they might push whatever is currently popular at a given time.
But i get what you and other people who have responded to my post are trying to say. "EA is trash" Disney can't break something that is already broken etc"

Thats tangential to the point i'm making. Which is you can't really change the direction an established studio, they either make what they usually make or they dissolve.
What i'm saying is big companies that buy out established studio often think that can change them and create a new vision. not so

Last edited: