Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
An update for the game, taking it to version 1.02, appears to be the problem. Essentially, if players start their game before downloading this update, and then go on to update their software, they'll face issues which prevent them from progressing through the game. Publisher 505 Games has issued a statement to explain the situation and offer guidance to Switch owners ahead of launch:

“We have been investigating a PS4/Xbox One issue that is blocking player progress in the game. We apologize for this bug and thank you for your patience while we investigate.

The issue occurs when a new game is started before downloading the 1.02 update. After the update, treasure chests will appear in the incorrect open/closed state.

Without the items from these chests, progress is blocked.

Players affected by this bug will be required to restart the game with a new save in order to properly progress.

We investigated a number of options to address this issue and each fix requires a new game to be started. Despite our efforts to provide a fix that preserves pre-1.02 progress, this is the best solution to avoid future issues.

Xbox One players will also be affected by this when the 1.02 patch is delivered next week. Switch players who have a physical copy should download the 1.02 patch before playing.”

Well fukk. I'm loving this shyt, I'm like 6 hours in. Realy don't want to restart :francis:

:gucci:

I'm only 2-3 hours in but still. This is some bullshyt.

$32 on Amazon :fleece:

Might have to gon and do that, flaws and all

You should. It's dope as fukk. Basically "Symphony Of The Night 2".

Fred.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if I pick this up now and download the update before starting my game, I don't have to worry about this bug correct??

Thinking of picking this up after work:jbhmm:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So I think I'm good to go. Started the game before the update but the game breaking issue won't affect me.

After the Twin Dragon fight, there's a chest that has Silver Bromide, which is used to fix the camera at your base. Many people reported that the chest was already open when they got there. Not the case for me. Most of the chests I opened prior to the update are closed again, which doesn't seem to be an issue. The only other issue comes from a chest that has the Aegis Plate that allows you to break through spikes to get to an area to see the True ending. Apparently you can stock up health items and just walk through the spikes if that chest is glitched.

TLDR, if you got the Silver Bromide from the chest. You can still beat the game.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
So if I pick this up now and download the update before starting my game, I don't have to worry about this bug correct??

Thinking of picking this up after work:jbhmm:
Yea man. Just make sure you got 1.02 downloaded before you start.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea man. Just make sure you got 1.02 downloaded before you start.
Just copped :ohlawd:

2 of my all time favorite games from my childhood have been refashioned in the same year: This is basically SOTN 2 as someone else pointed out and the modern day classic RE2 :whew:

And I discovered FromSoftware games :blessed::sadbron:

This year has been great for me so far. I want to pick up a switch around Black Friday too

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Started this today.

Gameplay is 100% SotN with the Dawn/Aria of Sorrow soul/shard ability mixed in. Pure metroidvania. Its fun but I have to admit...the graphics are kind of...not pleasing to look at. I won't say ugly (except for when you first get out on the ships deck :huhldup:), but I'm not a big fan on how it looks. And honestly, despite having Michiru Yamane back, nothing so far has even come close to SotN level music. Sure thats a high bar to set but when you make it a point to get the original composer back...:francis:

All that said, I'm having fun with it :manny:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just purchased on the Switch at work, waiting for the download to finish to play at work. Only thing is, work free wifi is acting stupid now, taking way longer than usual to work.

EDIT:

Speed sped up to just under 20 minutes to finish.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wish you could change the difficulty settings right out of the gate because once you get a couple specific Shards the game is a cake walk.

Still dope but :manny: just wish it was harder.

Fred.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I wish you could change the difficulty settings right out of the gate because once you get a couple specific Shards the game is a cake walk.

Still dope but :manny: just wish it was harder.

Fred.

Co-sign

I use that shard you get from the Poltergeist and have been beating through every boss battle since.

Yet & still a nice game

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Co-sign

I use that shard you get from the Poltergeist and have been beating through every boss battle since.

Yet & still a nice game

I use the painting Shard, can't remember the name. It's like a shield around you. And the sword that looks like a chainsaw Shard. For a weapon I use Great Sword, and the Shard that boosts that damage.

Fred.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I use the painting Shard, can't remember the name. It's like a shield around you. And the sword that looks like a chainsaw Shard. For a weapon I use Great Sword, and the Shard that boosts that damage.

Fred.

Yup that's the Shard. Use it in every room as soon as I walk in. Plus if you don't have the shard to spot invisible walls this painting shard breaks up all secret passages for you. Boss!

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not too far in.. but got to the Gardens of Silence and started getting the SOTN feels :mjcry:

He pulled off a pretty tall task brehs