Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No sticky for the spiritual successor to one of the GOAT tier PS1 games? :gucci:

Who is the Mods around here these days?

Fred.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
No sticky for the spiritual successor to one of the GOAT tier PS1 games? :gucci:

Who is the Mods around here these days?

Fred.

Gotta strike while the iron's hot. Didn't even know it was dropping today :manny:

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
Just got done playing this shyt :skip:

Y'all hyped the hell out of this shytty ass game, brehs. Weak ass gameplay.. and what's this recent trend of games being unnecessarily hard even in the first few stages :martin: brehs can't eat tomatoes or use potions to gain health and can't even save the game before boss fights? And dude got 5 million on kickstarter for this? :pachaha: Got to respect the hustle.
Back to waiting for Wolfenstein :smugdraper:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i got mine in the mailbox yesterday but im trying to finish another game before i get started. i hope it is worth the wait. i kickstarted mighty no 9 and that was one hell of a letdown, lol

llt23

All Star
Daps
Just got done playing this shyt :skip:

Y'all hyped the hell out of this shytty ass game, brehs. Weak ass gameplay.. and what's this recent trend of games being unnecessarily hard even in the first few stages :martin: brehs can't eat tomatoes or use potions to gain health and can't even save the game before boss fights? And dude got 5 million on kickstarter for this? :pachaha: Got to respect the hustle.
Back to waiting for Wolfenstein :smugdraper:

Are we even playing the same game?? Theres save rooms all over the place. And you can eat stuff and use potions. Like are you sure you bought the right game?

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not sure what others expected, but this is crack so far. Only sunk about 2 hours in, but it's giving off that classic Iga feel. Not a fan of the art style and animations but it's not a major detractor either, cause the gameplay and vibes/music/voicework is completely on point. Very happy this turned out solid with tons of free content coming soon

llt23

All Star
Daps
Is this castlevania on the Sega genesis type hard?

Its as hard as you want it to be. Im on normal and it was difficult at first, I died on first 2 bosses a couple times. But its an RPG. I spent a lot of time doing side quests and grinding out items for alchemy so I ended up kinda overleveled and I havent died since.

If people want a challenge right off the bat, harder difficulties exist and they are hard. But also you can just play this game how you want to and thats what I really appreciate about it. Im taking my time, ill let other ppl go balls in on combat while Im taking my time making my character godlike so nothing is too difficult. It satiates pretty much most gamers wants and needs in a game.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
An update for the game, taking it to version 1.02, appears to be the problem. Essentially, if players start their game before downloading this update, and then go on to update their software, they'll face issues which prevent them from progressing through the game. Publisher 505 Games has issued a statement to explain the situation and offer guidance to Switch owners ahead of launch:

“We have been investigating a PS4/Xbox One issue that is blocking player progress in the game. We apologize for this bug and thank you for your patience while we investigate.

The issue occurs when a new game is started before downloading the 1.02 update. After the update, treasure chests will appear in the incorrect open/closed state.

Without the items from these chests, progress is blocked.

Players affected by this bug will be required to restart the game with a new save in order to properly progress.

We investigated a number of options to address this issue and each fix requires a new game to be started. Despite our efforts to provide a fix that preserves pre-1.02 progress, this is the best solution to avoid future issues.

Xbox One players will also be affected by this when the 1.02 patch is delivered next week. Switch players who have a physical copy should download the 1.02 patch before playing.”

Well fukk. I'm loving this shyt, I'm like 6 hours in. Realy don't want to restart :francis:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm scared, is this a guaranteed issue or just a known one? I planned on replaying this anyways, but I don't want to abandon my run...

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
$32 on Amazon :fleece:

Might have to gon and do that, flaws and all