Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
And it took about 7 years to make.

It was worth it tho, good game.

The game in question is half way through year 3 and isn't expect to drop until 2018-- so 4 years. That's with a 5.5 Million dollar budget. People need to just be honest about what's going on here: he's doing the bare minimum and will pocket 99% of the money he got from kickstarter.

Daps
He said that's what it was. Might not be exact but he eluded to the number he was given by Microsoft in an interview.

I need to see a link to that interview, but the dude has a wife and a kid, and working by himself he is not paying anybody, so the *real* cost of the game was probably more than that over the years it took him to finish.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I need to see a link to that interview, but the dude has a wife and a kid, and working by himself he is not paying anybody, so the *real* cost of the game was probably more than that over the years it took him to finish.

Not really. Taking care of your family has nothing to do with the cost to develop a game. The fact remains the price he was paid by Microsoft for game development was 50k, making the budget 50k. Not to mention the quality of the game was AA.

Daps
Not really. Taking care of your family has nothing to do with the cost to develop a game. The fact remains the price he was paid by Microsoft for game development was 50k, making the budget 50k. Not to mention the quality of the game was AA.

Yes it does. If you are doing all the labor yourself, then the cost is whatever it costs you to live. Please show me where he says that Microsoft paid him 50K. 50K is low pay for a programmer for a year, not to mention somebody who did all the programming himself, and was already a professional artist and did all the art himself, and had to pay for the soundtrack and sound effects for the game.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This? Over 100.

Lol.

If that's true they are trash I'd rather have an indy team of 10 that can do much better than this for a budget of 5 million. You idiots really think these games cost millions when indy project after indy project is showing you how bullshyt that theory is.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Lol.

If that's true they are trash I'd rather have an indy team of 10 that can do much better than this for a budget of 5 million. You idiots really think these games cost millions when indy project after indy project is showing you how bullshyt that theory is.
The same studio working on this worked on mighty no.9 :whistle:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Yes it does. If you are doing all the labor yourself, then the cost is whatever it costs you to live. Please show me where he says that Microsoft paid him 50K. 50K is low pay for a programmer for a year, not to mention somebody who did all the programming themself, and was already a professional artist and did all the art themself, and had to pay for the soundtrack and sound effects for the game.

No it doesn't, because when you hire a programmer to develop your game project, your not paying for his wife and kids Popeyes, your paying for his programming ability. Likewise Microsoft as a publisher, paid the developer of Dust 50k for his abilities to create that title. So the GAME DEVELOPMENT budget stands at 50k. Whether or not you think it's low pay, that's what he was paid to develop the game, a good job of it at that, putting to bed this myth of outrageous game development prices.

Daps
No it doesn't, because when you hire a programmer to develop your game project, your not paying for his wife and kids Popeyes, your paying for his programming ability. Likewise Microsoft as a publisher, paid the developer of Dust 50k for his abilities to create that title. So the GAME DEVELOPMENT budget stands at 50k. Whether or not you think it's low pay, that's what he was paid to develop the game, a good job of it at that, putting to bed this myth of outrageous game development prices.

SHOW ME WHERE MICROSOFT PAID HIM 50K TO DEVELOP THE GAME

He did all the work himself, so nobody was hired, meaning his personal bills were his "budget."