Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
It appears that I was right.

The game is made with the same bullshyt engine/style as Might No. 9 *(another cash grab). It's clear at this point the game was created to get a quick dollar. This game shouldn't take more than a year to make but its over 3.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was the vita a stretch goal?

This seems to be a recurring thing now with Kickstart games.

Adding other systems as stretch goals and cancelling those versions.
Cancelling stretch goals in general is becoming all too common.:francis:

Not saying everybody does it but I've funded a bunch of games through Kickstarter and Fig and around half of them have cut stretch goals. The only one that hasn't (as far as I know) is "Divinity: Original Sin 2".

Fred.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
It appears that I was right.

The game is made with the same bullshyt engine/style as Might No. 9 *(another cash grab). It's clear at this point the game was created to get a quick dollar. This game shouldn't take more than a year to make but its over 3.

Don't ever compare IGA to that con-artist, Inafune. :camby: IGA never promised his backers some bullshyt like anime adaption or sequel, only to leave the project for bigger fish.

By your logic, games such as Dishonored, Fallout 4, Tekken 7 and hundreds of both AAA and indies have bullshyt game engine too since they also use Unreal 4.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Don't ever compare IGA to that con-artist, Inafune. :camby: IGA never promised his backers some bullshyt like anime adaption or sequel, only to leave the project for bigger fish.

By your logic, games such as Dishonored, Fallout 4, Tekken 7 and hundreds of both AAA and indies have bullshyt game engine too since they also use Unreal 4.

My point is no way this games development cost equaled what he made from Kickstarter.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
My point is no way this games development cost equaled what he made from Kickstarter.

The game was delayed because of different hardware architectures. Its not like he's releasing it on a single platform. What he made from Kickstarter is small compare to other disappoint AAA titles that took years to develop. If you think game development is easy, then you should apply to Iga's office and help out to fasten the development.

It was his first time doing this on a brand new engine since most of his Castlevania titles uses the same sprites and engines from SOTN. Give him a break. I bet if this is Kojima, you'd be willing to wait for 20 years. :beli:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The game was delayed because of different hardware architectures. Its not like he's releasing it on a single platform. What he made from Kickstarter is small compare to other disappoint AAA titles that took years to develop. If you think game development is easy, then you should apply to Iga's office and help out to fasten the development.

It was his first time doing this on a brand new engine since most of his Castlevania titles uses the same sprites and engines from SOTN. Give him a break. I bet if this is Kojima, you'd be willing to wait for 20 years. :beli:

Kojima's last project was a masterpiece that didn't get its proper send off because it was rushed and he was fired. If not for that it's be on the all time list.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Kojima's last project was a masterpiece that didn't get its proper send off because it was rushed and he was fired. If not for that it's be on the all time list.

This is what I'm talking about. Give Kojima the budget of what Iga have and I doubt he can replicate his success of the Metal Gear franchise. Iga have a great track record of maximizing little resources he have.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
- game is roughly 20-30% complete
- Igarashi notes that he needs to increase the pace of development
- the reason Switch is being favored over Wii U is that the game is being developed with Unreal Engine and ported from PC
- the planned release in 2018 also lead to the decision of moving away from Wii U
- there are plans to exhibit Bloodstained at other events and could end up at E3 2017

Source: Japanese Nintendo — Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night notes Koji...
Summary by: GoNintendo

Game was announced in fukking 2015 and it's still only 20-30% done :deadmanny: shyt might not even drop 2018 at this pace

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
- game is roughly 20-30% complete
- Igarashi notes that he needs to increase the pace of development
- the reason Switch is being favored over Wii U is that the game is being developed with Unreal Engine and ported from PC
- the planned release in 2018 also lead to the decision of moving away from Wii U
- there are plans to exhibit Bloodstained at other events and could end up at E3 2017

Source: Japanese Nintendo — Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night notes Koji...
Summary by: GoNintendo

Game was announced in fukking 2015 and it's still only 20-30% done :deadmanny: shyt might not even drop 2018 at this pace
You gotta be shotting me:mjlol: This is disgracful and I hope this shyt fails miserably.