Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
SHOW ME WHERE MICROSOFT PAID HIM 50K TO DEVELOP THE GAME

He did all the work himself, so nobody was hired, meaning his personal bills were his "budget."

IT'S CALLED GOOGLE.

And what are you talking about? It's a known fact he had a timed exclusive xbox arcade deal with Microsoft. In fact, Microsoft is the official publisher of the game. Not to mention the game was created in Microsoft's engine.

And there's no such thing as personal bills being part of a game development budget, what planet do you live on? It's doesn't matter how many people are working on the game. The actual development budget was next to nothing until Microsoft paid him.

Daps
IT'S CALLED GOOGLE.

And what are you talking about? It's a known fact he had a timed exclusive xbox arcade deal with Microsoft. In fact, Microsoft is the official publisher of the game. Not to mention the game was created in Microsoft's engine.

And there's no such thing as personal bills being part of a game development budget, what planet do you live on? It's doesn't matter how many people are working on the game. The actual development budget was next to nothing until Microsoft paid him.

I already googled it and found nothing. You made the claim so you need to show the receipts.

It's clear that you have no idea how budgets work or how much it actually costs to develop a game.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I already googled it and found nothing. You made the claim so you need to show the receipts.

Litterally took me less than a minute.

Dean Dodrill - WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia

Shortly afterward, Dean got his well-deserved break at slowly starting to animate his dream-film, Elysian Tail (originally titled Elysium Tail), with Elizabeth and himself producing, directing, animating, and voicing the featured characters Bonnie, Leddinger, and Tika. Many of their fans/friends are impressed by the entire concept of animating this film, not to mention how heroic the characters ought to be.

As Dean continues to tackle Elysian Tail, he has withdrawn from online activities. He plans an online comeback once his current projects are completed.

Dean first release, a video game entitled Dust: An Elysian Tail written in XNA was released on Xbox Live Arcade on August 15, 2012 to general acclaim. The game won the $40,000 grand prize in Microsoft's Dream-Build-Play competition.

I was off by 10k. It was developed with Microsoft's engine and Microsoft had it as a timed exclusive same as Bastian.

It's clear that you have no idea how budgets work or how much it actually costs to develop a game.

hahahahahahah

Please don't speak on what you don't know.

Daps
Litterally took me less than a minute.

Dean Dodrill - WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia

I was off by 10k. It was developed with Microsoft's engine and Microsoft had it as a timed exclusive same as Bastian.

hahahahahahah

Please don't speak on what you don't know.

LOL that was the prize he won for entering Dust in Microsoft's competition, not a budget they paid for him to develop the game.

Once again you have NO IDEA what you are talking about

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
LOL that was the prize he won for entering Dust in Microsoft's competition, not a budget they paid for him to develop the game.

That was his budget to develop the game, that was the point of the competition. What did you think it was a talent show? The winner gets his game published and 40k. The actual development budget was next to NOTHING because he did everything himself. Microsoft paid him 40k to finish his demo, THAT's the development budget.

Once again you have NO IDEA what you are talking about

Says the guy who claims his wife and kid eating tacos for the night counts as a GAME DEVELOPMENT BUDGET. LOL!

No, you have no idea what YOU'RE talking about. I know exactly what I'm talking about on the subject.

Daps
That was his budget to develop the game, that was the point of the competition. What did you think it was a talent show? The winner gets his game published and 40k. The actual development budget was next to NOTHING because he did everything himself. Microsoft paid him 40k to finish his demo, THAT's the development budget.

Says the guy who claims his wife and kid eating tacos for the night counts as a GAME DEVELOPMENT BUDGET. LOL!

No, you have no idea what YOU'RE talking about. I know exactly what I'm talking about on the subject.

Everything you've said about this subject is wrong. You have no clue about how money, budgets, or game development works. There's no point in debating anymore with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, so carry on.

Daps
Humble origins: The solo odyssey behind Dust: An Elysian Tail

Moreover, Dream Build Play wasn't an immediate golden ticket. The competition's grand prize of $40,000 provided a "nice financial bump," to be sure. But it wasn't enough to start a studio or cover the cost of development. Aside from the prize money, Dodrill self-funded the game from start to finish, depending on savings and his family to survive. "Needless to say, I wasn't taking any cruises or buying new cars."

Dodrill also pointed out, "Most people assume that winning [Dream Build Play] automatically gave me a contract" for Microsoft to publish Dust on Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA). But that's not the case. Dream Build Play winners are promised a chance at an XBLA publishing deal, without any guarantees: the contest's official rules warn, "The invitation to enter into a Publishing Contract is at [Microsoft's] sole and unfettered discretion."

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Everything you've said about this subject is wrong. You have no clue about how money, budgets, or game development works. There's no point in debating anymore with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, so carry on.

No you were wrong. You claimed Dust was more than 50k and wanted proof I showed you. You claimed that personal expenses qualified as a gaming budget, anyone will tell you that that is wrong. I agree there is no point in debating because you are just arguing to argue and have no idea what you are talking about.

Bloodstained was made for no more than 250k and the rest was pocketed. Video game budgets exceeding over 25 million without marketing is a lie. Stardust Valley, ShovelKnight, Minecraft, and the like prove this fact. Game development is more cost effective than it ever was, and games would cost 100's of dollars if they really had 500 million dollar budgets. Every game that has ever sold a million or more copies made a profit.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude has absolutely no concept of how expensive equipment, wages, rent, marketing etc are for a game in creation for 2-3 years.

Bloodstained was made for no more than 250k and the rest was pocketed..

Link? And the game hasn't been 'made', its still in production. :snoop:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This dude has absolutely no concept of how expensive equipment, wages, rent, marketing etc are for a game in creation for 2-3 years.

Dust was made in Microsoft XNA free.

1 man team (no wages).

Microsoft handled marketing for dean.

The game budget was 40k. That's it. AAA quality.

Link? And the game hasn't been 'made', its still in production. :snoop:

Bloodstained hasn't done any marketing aside from Kickstarter which is free. I know game development that bullshyt they are showing you is 250k and I'm being generous. The 5.5 million kickstarter was pocketed. The people were robbed.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So because one person made one game for $xxx amount of money this must be true for all games? What exactly is your point supposed to be?

Do you have a link for (a) this game costing 250k to be made and the rest being stolen and (b) for game development being as cheap as ever or not?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
So because one person made one game for $xxx amount of money this must be true for all games? What exactly is your point supposed to be?

Do you have a link for (a) this game costing 250k to be made and the rest being stolen and (b) for game development being as cheap as ever or not?

Game development is cheaper than ever because of advancement in technology and accessibility, which is why we are currently in an indy Renaissance right now. Hit games are being made for next to nothing except time. If you think Destiny cost 500 million to make, you are a fool.

Brehs, someone ask Square/Platinum/Capcom/Ubisoft etc why they don't just have one employee out here making AAA quality games for peanuts. :jbhmm:

They do, minus the one man team part. The media is selling you on the idea of games being so expensive because sheeps worship money above all. If you think something is expensive you are more likely to covet it.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Face it while nobody here has played this yet it still looks meh with a huge ass budget. I want to like it too so im not hating but fukk judging by the eye test it looks average as fukk, like wait for a flash sale average