Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Crowdfunding will hopefully die officially after that one. We gotta endure the the Shenmue 3 fukkery and then after that flops I doubt there will be another major crowdfund scam.

Don't get me wrong there's a lot of games out there that are using crowdfunding as a platform and were successful, but these multi-million dollar crowdfunding games have been full of shyt

Maybe other developers. But Iga have great reputation, just like Sakaguchi. He rarely makes shyt games.

#InIgaWeTrust

:blessed:

Daps
kickstarter-light3x-659aa223c46e572b5b9bc0d9ab9d188b5db4b6ada40d1155a37860ac46a5aa2c.png

September Update: Music with Michiru-san
Posted by Koji Igarashi (Creator)

We've got a nice change of pace for this month's update: I get to throw it to IGA, and then IGA gets to throw it to somebody else. This week Michiru Yamane is here to show off some new music and tell us a little about the process behind each new track.

But first, IGA:

For today's update, we are sharing four songs from the game, composed by none other than Michiru Yamane. These tracks include the Kickstarter campaign soundtrack, the music from the E3 demo, and two new songs. None of them is much longer than a minute-and-a-half, but each one will immediately make you think: "Ah... this is definitely Michiru-san's work."

Please note that we have a tentative plan for when each track will be played, but they may shift around after the stage tracks are all completed.

14bbbeed6539b5f7cfe5ec2e554d9f2e_original.png

THEME OF BLOODSTAINED
I composed this track last May to provide a soundtrack for the Kickstarter campaign. The promotional video of Igarashi-san saying, "But I know they are wrong!" and throwing the wine glass left a strong impression on me.

VOYAGE OF PROMISEThis is the music for the stage aboard the Galleon. For this track I wanted to evoke the feeling of an adventure's beginning.

HOLY WISDOM
The reference material I received showed a very beautiful place, and this melody came to me immediately. The heavenly pipe organ and soprano vocal make this one of my favorite tracks.

LUXURIOUS OVERTURE
The Entrance was a very beautiful place as well, but I was inspired by the fountain, the chandelier, and all the sparkly decoration to compose a track that sympathizes with Miriam's sad and cruel fate.

Thanks to Yamane-san for sharing some of her work with us! We're looking forward to hearing more.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
I knew since the E3 reveal of demo that Yamane's still the BAWS.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man I keep forgetting this game exists.

Fred.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This game ain't ever gonna come out :russ:

Thinking about SOTN, how many here played the game as a kid and got the bad ending where Richter Belmont is the last boss and thought that was it? Seemed pretty obvious right away to me something was off but the game didn't exactly tell you that you fukked up.

Still, that OST :ohlawd:
One of the few video game OST I can load up on youtube and just let it play with the buds in
The upside down castle was :dry: though. Basically feel like you were about to beat the game and the game was like ':umad: that's just the half way point'. Obviously the second castle takes way less time then the first cause you would be pretty op at that point but that shyt kind of feels like a slog. Especially, cause the music falls off a cliff at that point. They repeat tracks over and over when there was a fresh track in every section in castle 1.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
2018? :upsetfavre:

This isn't some AAA game. There's no reason for that long of a development cycle.
3 year development cycle is pretty crazy for a non-full price title.
I actually never looked at the kickstarter till now. Think I might put down for a physical copy cause I actually love the way the game looks and it's got co-op but I'm wary cause people have been burned by kickstarter in the past, not even receiving their copies of stuff before launch or ever. Even the people listed working on the backer rewards were involved with Mighty No. 9 and that was disastrous.
Imo, they should just go ahead and cancel the Wii U version now. Nobody's gonna want that shyt in 2018.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Most games take years to make. They used to not get revealed until years after development had already started, but this game was announced before development had started because of the Kickstarter.
Not these type of games.

The development cycle on fairly simple games like this is definitely not 3 years.

The witcher 3 was made in 3 and half years.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Reading through, I think they probably put too many stretch goals and now they have to keep adding all this extra shyt. Probably too ambitious but if they get it right in the final version, this game will be :ohlawd: