Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

Daps

3LqDoO3koSwOMRECF7MHTX1nuBwcTHweevK2rfxpwJY-3D

Daps
May Update: A Video, A Playable Demo, And A Galleon Named Minerva
45 Comments
"">
"">
93 likes
Development has come very far since the last time you saw the game in motion. How far? Far enough that I'm going to cut directly to IGA so he can show you:

286181c3494f2792a18ef8088df99eb6_original.jpg

For this month's update, the team has put together a video and some screenshots of an actual stage in Bloodstained. This is the game's first stage, where we find Miriam on a ship, the Galleon Minerva, headed toward the castle. It's a setting filled with anticipation.

And I have some exciting news: We’ll be showcasing a playable demo at E3. In addition to that, we'll be giving the demo to all backers at $60+ tiers.

This E3 preview is a simple playable demo and tutorial of this Minerva stage. The lesser demons we've introduced in the last update (Morte, Seama, and Dullahammer) will appear, and the magi-crystals players will obtain from enemies, also known as "Shards," will also be included.

Oh—I see I've already forgotten to mention something important: Morte isn't a full-fledged demon, and so doesn't have a shard. This is important so I’ll say it again: Morte has no shard.

Demo Information
The preview demo that you'll be getting is the same build IGA and the team will be showing at the Xbox booth at this year's E3. We plan to start distributing it during the show or shortly afterward. Some FAQs (figuratively asked questions):

Who gets the demo? We'll be sending it to everybody who pledged at a $60 tier or higher and filled out their backer survey by June 13.

What platform is it on? Windows only; we'll be distributing it digitally, through Steam, so make sure the e-mail address on your survey is current!

Is this the Beta? Nope! The Beta comes later, and will still only be available to backers who pledged $60 or more and ordered a Steam or DRM-free PC version of the game.

Wait, now I want the demo! How can I— Your survey links are still active! If you upgrade your tier through your survey before June 13, we'll be sure to include you on the list.

I’ve got a $60+ tier, but what if I haven’t filled out my survey yet? Your survey must be filled out by June 13 to receive the demo. Send us a message through Kickstarter or email orders@fangamer.com if you can’t find your survey link! (Remember: We aren't using Kickstarter's built-in survey, so look for an e-mail from Fangamer containing your personal [and reusable] survey link.)

What... what if I haven’t backed the Bloodstained project at all? You can still receive the demo if you back the project through igavania.com/back and pick a $60+ tier by June 13!

We'll release another backer update once the demo is available. But hey, enough of that for the moment—we owe you the aforementioned video and screenshots. (And, if you listen closely, a new track from Yamane-san...)

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, I don't know why I thought this was going to be a throwback 2D style game with 3D graphics. Been so long since I was in this thread. I wonder if my PC can run this otherwise I'll have to drop money on the 4. It's cool that you can still back the game to get the exclusive content. Anyone know when that is officially done? I didn't see a cutoff date on the site.