Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
  • Finishing the game once took roughly 45 hours (remember that this is a single user, so your mileage may vary, as for all Souls games).
  • One playthrough yielded 14 unique trick weapons and 12 off-hand weapons, but there are more of both categories in the game, as the player didn’t unlock the related trophies for getting all of them. One of the weapons does not transform, but does something “very cool.”
  • The player found 19 full sets of clothes/armor, some of which are light armor. He also found pieces that did not match the sets.
  • Weapons can be upgraded up to +10. Weapons are upgraded at a workshop near the fireplace at the Hunter’s Dream.
  • Each weapon feels unique, and they are very varied.
  • Some armor sets have very specific uses. For instance the White Church outfit has high poison resistance, while the Ashen set has high frenzy resistance.
  • Upgraded primary weapons can hold up to three blood gems that give buffs and debuffs. Cursed blood gems have very high buffs at the expense of other aspects.
  • Some items can be used in a way similar to magic, and require silver bullets per use. They also require high arcane stat. Arcane also raises the drop rate from monsters.
  • There’s no dynamic day/night cycle. Time of day and night is based on story progression.
  • The Reddit poster mentioned that he thinks the game is a masterpiece and after finishing it once, he feels he has only scratched the surface.
  • Bloodtinge raises bullet damage.
  • Insight is about how much inhuman knowledge you gain during the game.
  • The Mark of the Hunter is an item in the inventory that acts like the nexial binding stone/darksign in Dark Soulswhere you lose all you echoes and return to the dream refuge.
  • You can carry four Caryll Runes in separate slots, and they boost abilities grant different effects.
Here are some overall comments from PlayStationTrophies forumsrmchiva925 (who apparently didn’t finish the game yet).

Last few things I want to clarify. People were worried that there might be a graphics downgrade. I played the alpha and now the real thing, and I can tell you that the game looks even better. In the alpha I noticed that there were some unfinished rendering on character clothing and some environmental things, but now I’m looking at the clothing textures and also the environment and 80% of my time spent in Bloodborne as of now is just looking around to all the attention to detail. It’s a beautiful looking game with sublime music. You guys are in for a treat considering that day 1 is gonna improve performance as well.

Frame rate wise, its been a solid 30 fps so far and I’m already used to the control and love the speed of the game. everything you do, and what the enemies do is just at least 2-3 times faster than the previous entries.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Some people just have amazon credit and it usually arrives the day of. Also, some people are busy the day it comes out so they like getting home knowing its waiting in the mail.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Can someone tell me what's the point of pre-ordering off Amazon when it comes the next day and you can instead go to a 24 hour Walmart to buy a copy much earlier.
don't they offer 'release day delivery'?

but yeah, in most cases it's probably more convenient to buy it at a physical store. some people might not live near such a store, or not want to leave the house, or just want it there waiting for them when they get home from work or whatever

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
don't they offer 'release day delivery'?

but yeah, in most cases it's probably more convenient to buy it at a physical store. some people might not live near such a store, or not want to leave the house, or just want it there waiting for them when they get home from work or whatever
you can get it before that delivery at a 24 hour walmart though.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I work over night. Sleep when I get home. Nice to have the game waiting in my mailbox when I wake up in the afternoon.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I work over night. Sleep when I get home. Nice to have the game waiting in my mailbox when I wake up in the afternoon.
The last game i ordered online was Infamous Second Son and that was because someone was selling it a week early for retail price. Besides that, I'm straight. I hate waiting around for mail and wishing nothing bad happens en transit.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
The last game i ordered online was Infamous Second Son and that was because someone was selling it a week early for retail price. Besides that, I'm straight. I hate waiting around for mail and wishing nothing bad happens en transit.
Don't quote me until you get yo ps4 back :childplease: