Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
any way to delete game data/patch on PS4 to be able to continue to do this?
Backup your save to USB or the cloud. Delete the game from your PS4. Go into the system settings and turn off automatically install updates.

Reinstall the game and when it downloads the update just don't install.

You won't be able to play online without the patch, but the dupe glitch will be there. You could technically glitch until you are the level you want, THEN reinstall the patch and go back online.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Gotta disagree with the bolded, its actually pretty limited compared to the other games. You are forced into one playstyle while the others allow you to play how you want.
They took out ranged options, magic options and shielded strength builds for the most part.

But there is still builds leaning towards blood tinge and powerful gunshots for parry. Strength builds. Vitality builds. Endurance builds. Skill builds. Beast builds for turning beast mode frequently.

It is more limited, and most people seem to be doing strength/vitality builds. But I think as time goes on, and more secrets and experimenting is done, more depth will be revealed. I've already found items and guns I can't use because of the direction of my build, and they would have drastically changed my play style (more parry, less two handed, unlimited use endurance increasing item) Haven't found any arcane spells yet, but I know they are in there.

However I do agree, the weapon/armor depth/customization was greater in Dark Souls.

I'm leaning towards this game in level design/atmosphere/and pure fun factor though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hence me saying MOST and not all. Despite its limitations, it cut out the fat for a leaner, meaner product.
I wouldn't call that stuff "fat" a lot of it is what made the series what it is.

Maybe if you only enjoyed the light/agile builds from the souls games.

But for me, I miss that stuff. I played through the other games multiple times just to try out different builds/weapons. I can't really see myself playing through this one again.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They took out ranged options, magic options and shielded strength builds for the most part.

But there is still builds leaning towards blood tinge and powerful gunshots for parry. Strength builds. Vitality builds. Endurance builds. Skill builds. Beast builds for turning beast mode frequently.

It is more limited, and most people seem to be doing strength/vitality builds. But I think as time goes on, and more secrets and experimenting is done, more depth will be revealed. I've already found items and guns I can't use because of the direction of my build, and they would have drastically changed my play style (more parry, less two handed, unlimited use endurance increasing item) Haven't found any arcane spells yet, but I know they are in there.

However I do agree, the weapon/armor depth/customization was greater in Dark Souls.

I'm leaning towards this game in level design/atmosphere/and pure fun factor though.

Yeah but ultimately you still play the same way, no matter what stats you concentrate on. Watching various gameplay around the web everybody looks and plays the same.

Ds1 and 2 almost looked like a different game depending on who was playing

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yeah but ultimately you still play the same way, no matter what stats you concentrate on. Watching various gameplay around the web everybody looks and plays the same.

Ds1 and 2 almost looked like a different game depending on who was playing
Yea I made it through Anor Londo with a Mage build and a Strength build and it was completely different.

Mage was kind've broken though. Once I got the right spells and leveled them high it made the bosses too easy cause I could stay so far back.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldn't call that stuff "fat" a lot of it is what made the series what it is.

Maybe if you only enjoyed the light/agile builds from the souls games.

But for me, I miss that stuff. I played through the other games multiple times just to try out different builds/weapons. I can't really see myself playing through this one again.

I could seeing how the weapons are actually a lot more different this time though. I do miss magic and dual sword wielding of my own choosing types, but only but so much in the long run. I'm whatever about shields being gone and yeah, I did opt for speed over being heavily armored up. I like to move around. The outright dodge mechanic, with slash-to-trick-weapon-change follow ups crushes the other soul games IMO. And that you could literally pick any one weapon from the start of the game and make it last you the whole game w/o feeling that other weapons greatly outdo it in usage is just better here. I could see rolling thru the game pickign one weapon the whole way thru and then again picking an entirely different weapon.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
What bosses you beat so far

ive beat. Cleric beast, father a$$hole, blood starved beast, big white shaggy dog looking monster, the prison guard boss, and the 3 shadow dudes
Only cleric ang father g

I just got this game and my ps4 saturday and had a busy weekend so igot some catching up to do

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Damn nikkas flying through this game:why:

Trying to finish up with a couple other games before I jump into this. I haven't even got to the first boss yet :manny:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to see frame drops and whatnot...doesn't ruin the game experience but times like these you wish the PS4 had a little bit more under the hood to truly display how great this game is
I think it has plenty. They need to better optimize this shyt.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Console versions of From Software games will never be greatly optimized.

I'm convinced they don't know how to get the most out of hardware.

Their games have never been graphically intensive but have always suffered frame rate issues.

Dark Souls and Dark Souls II have better framerates on PC. But even Dark Souls needed a fix file to get it there.

Go play Dark Souls on PS3. The Blighttown area is literally like 8 FPS half the time :mjlol:

But yea it's pretty much accepted fact that this is the teams biggest weakness.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
:wow: @ the amount of content this game has. I'm 20 hrs in, only on my fourth boss and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

This boss in the
Hidden Village
tho....
It's name is Dark
beast Pearl
or something like that...

Had me like:dwillhuh: when I first saw it.. Took me five deaths just to come up with a decent strategy.
Hopefully I can beat it tomorrow.
This weekend I'm gonna try the chalice dungeons for the first time..

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
So I got Spotify pumping back street boys and ever since then I've been doing better brehs :mjcry:
Finally figured out with them Frankensteiners to dodge that initial attack and then parry the second.
When you handle things like a boss man :banderas: and with Back street back playing it's :krs: :gladbron: