Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ive never read any HP Lovecraft, but from what im hearing, this game is heavily inspired by his work. i did notice a subtle shift away from the traditional gothic horror as the game progressed

Subtle? :francis:

The entire concept of "The Dream" and the nightmare being alternate dimensions is straight from Lovecraft.

He felt dreams were your consciousness being transported to another reality.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Subtle? :francis:

The entire concept of "The Dream" and the nightmare being alternate dimensions is straight from Lovecraft.

He felt dreams were your consciousness being transported to another reality.
subtle because the setting and most of the enemies are still mostly from a typical horror story. the shift is mostly in the narrative :ld:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
subtle because the setting and most of the enemies are still mostly from a typical horror story. the shift is mostly in the narrative :ld:

It kinda depends on where you at.

Pretty much everything, after the Vacuous one, is related to the Great Ones as is the setting.

But the Lovecraftian influence is always there, more subtly at first, but it starts showing up a LOT MORE when you go into Byrgenwerth.

But I get what you mean. I'm a Lovecraft nerd plus a Souls nerd so I kinda started feeling the Lovecraftian influence even when you first started (Mostly due to the emphasis of dreams).

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the GOAT Berserk influence too, but not as much as Dark/Demons souls

I actually thought this had a bigger "Berserk" influence than Dark Souls (My favorite game of all time). Outside of basic stuff like the Bold Hunter Mark being the "Sacrifice" symbol upside down, you got the obvious religious symbolism and desires transforming people into beasts or "apostles".

Hell, the Great Ones are way more like the God Hand than the gods in Lordran.

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
How do I get back to Yahar'gul Unseen Village? The first time I got there was by accident. I used the lamp in there to go back to Hunter's Dream and spend my souls, but now I can't get back. Is it a one time only thing?

When I let the Kidnappers kill me now nothing happens. I just die and go back to where I started. :why:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
How do I get back to Yahar'gul Unseen Village? The first time I got there was by accident. I used the lamp in there to go back to Hunter's Dream and spend my souls, but now I can't get back. Is it a one time only thing?

When I let the Kidnappers kill me now nothing happens. I just die and go back to where I started. :why:
Nevermind, I figured it out. :beli:

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Beat the game earlier this week, I want to stop playing but I just can't. Worst boss for me was easily Ebrietas :sadcam:. Felt good to beat the game and not have to co-op anything.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Beat the game earlier this week, I want to stop playing but I just can't. Worst boss for me was easily Ebrietas :sadcam:. Felt good to beat the game and not have to co-op anything.

Co op is my thing, only because I don't like having to spend 15 minutes to get back to the boss when they beat me

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I thought Nightmare Frontier was bad then I came across something called Nightmare Mensus. Lost my Blood echoes then I said fukk it they aren't worth the trouble. Started getting pierced by arrows from no where and losing health for no reason. Also causes frenzy.
There's a brain in the castle doing that to you

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I found out from a site that you have to avoid the castle window to keep from being pierced
Put on your anti frenzy armor and just run up on that castle. Make sure you discover the shortcuts across the chasm though.