Bleach...why are we gonna watch this again brehs? (Official Bleach Thread)

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Is it me or did Kubo forget how to draw Ichigo. His face isnt the right shape at all.
It’s more akin to Isshin
Bleach-Isshin-Kurosaki-Cosplay-Costume-Free-Shipping-for-Halloween-and-Christmas.jpg

I think that’s the look Kubo is going for
Ichigo seems more mature and in control of his emotions now like his pops
That’s what I got from the initial picture of a new chapter dropping
Orihime damn near drawn just like Ichigos mother in the face as well
I could be misinterpreting it tho:yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
It’s more akin to Isshin
Bleach-Isshin-Kurosaki-Cosplay-Costume-Free-Shipping-for-Halloween-and-Christmas.jpg

I think that’s the look Kubo is going for
Ichigo seems more mature and in control of his emotions now like his pops
That’s what I got from the initial picture of a new chapter dropping
Orihime damn near drawn just like Ichigos mother in the face as well
I could be misinterpreting it tho:yeshrug:

Yeah that's how it looks to me. When I first saw the panel I was like who is that with Ichigo's sword sash. :dwillhuh: I know Ichigo was a teenager back in the story hut usually you don't grow a new jaw line when you get older.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Not even gonna lie...I actually thought this was pretty good. Kinda blown away by how good it was, actually.

There are still the usual Kubo-related issues with the storytelling (secret element of Soul Society history that was never foreshadowed, all-new threat from an essentially all-new realm, semi-unnecessary new characters, random unexplained new powers from known entities), but at least it's woven into the Bleach world better than usual, and it captures the combination of levity and darkness that made pre-Arrancar Bleach so much fun to read and that was lost from about chapter 187 onward. The art even looks a little more like early Bleach than, say, Burn the Witch did (which makes me question exactly how much work Kubo was doing on Bleach given the state of his health at the end). It felt more like the fun-yet-dark-and-tense Bleach I really liked reading as opposed to the stakes-free slog it became at the end.

I almost don't want to get too excited about any follow-up, since the Arrancar, Fullbring, and Thousand Year Blood War arcs also had interesting intros/first acts that led to middling conclusions. This definitely made me want to see more though.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Yeah that's how it looks to me. When I first saw the panel I was like who is that with Ichigo's sword sash. :dwillhuh: I know Ichigo was a teenager back in the story hut usually you don't grow a new jaw line when you get older.

If you look at Isshin in the Everything But the Rain flashback, and then Isshin in that picture, you see Kubo doing the same thing with his jawline.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Kubo really ended the one shot on a cliffhanger :beli:

If the Soul Society has to battle those captains from hell with suped up powers, they are in TROUBLE.
I'm probably wrong but it feels like he's testing the waters on a seasonal release like Burn The Witch and Korean manhwas like Solo levelling, FFF Trashero or Legendary Moonlight Scupltor.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Breh he had 2 captains SWEATING on the team up.

I can’t even imagine the insane power boost. Renji wanted NO SMOKE with Szayelapporo when he came from that hole.
He was likely vasto lorde class before he ripped off his mask so Renji would have trouble with him even if he wasn't worried about protecting his daughter and freaking out about a dead person coming back to life.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
We get 100 more chapters like that and Bleach --even including the Fullbringer Arc-- may be the GOAT manga/anime of all time until 2200.