CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Ill give you sometime to rethink this :hubie:

Green might just need a change of scenery

he cleary has issues with the coach
He’s got issues with being coached. Ime reprimands him when he screws up…which is frequently…but he does other players the same way. He’s not coddling Jalen the way Silas did. Ironically, Silas clearly hated Sengun…who most objective fans knew was the most talented player on the roster…and who Ime reprimands regularly. Yet, Sengun has responded and looks like a future All-Star. Tonight, during a timeout, the entire team is focused on what Ime is drawing up….except Jalen and Cam Whitmore…who were having their own little conversation. I sit a few rows behind their bench, so I’m looking intently at this…even pointed it out to my cousin who was with me. Jalen is Jalen’s problem. This is not an ISO ball offense and defensive effort is expected. If he can’t adjust to either, then he needs to be benched or sent to some scrub squad where he can shoot as many shots as he likes and not have to deal with consequences.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Udoka already over this dude
Can't have a starting backcourt where both guys shooting under 40% and FVV actually plays defense so Green will be the odd man out.
I would not be shocked if you start to hear Green is available soon
I think he's basically another Jordan Poole, another selfish, inefficient ball hog who plays no defense but someone will be hoodwinked by the athleticism

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Can't have a starting backcourt where both guys shooting under 40% and FVV actually plays defense so Green will be the odd man out.
I think he's basically another Jordan Poole, another selfish, inefficient ball hog who plays no defense but someone will be hoodwinked by the athleticism

To be honest that's not Jalen's problem. He plays hard on defense this season a lot of the time, not all but a lot. He has improved his rebounding using his athleticism to impact in other aspects of the game. The problem I'm seeing with Jalen Green is all offensive, his handle is not tight and needs to be improved, he actually tries to make the right pass it's just his accuracy is not great and a lot of his passes are off target. His shot is not consistent from three or mid range and sometimes when he has the ball it seems he doesn't know what he wants to do with it. Also his shot selection can be shaky at times.

He was supposed to be the best player on this Rockets team but some nights this season he hasn't been top 5 on the team (Sengun, FVV, Jabari, Brooks and Eason). I think the fact that Ime is hard on every player but more importantly Jalen plus the fact that this is now Sengun's team has shocked Jalen and he is not responding well to it.

To me I think it's time to move on from him like the Rockets had to do with Steve Francis back in the day who put up numbers on a bad team but when we got Yao Ming and playoff expectations came Francis wasn't a player that was built for that. Jalen imo is in that same boat but it's not because he is selfish or doesn't play defense it's because a player who was supposed to be a gifted scorer can't score.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

The only thing Green does well is score, which in and of itself is valuable but not at the expense of awful defense, no passing and shaky rebounding.

Then again, he doesn't turn 22 until Feb so he is still very young even though this is his third year in the league.

I don't think he's gonna be some All-NBA guy but might turn into a Zach Lavine.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
To be honest that's not Jalen's problem. He plays hard on defense this season a lot of the time, not all but a lot. He has improved his rebounding using his athleticism to impact in other aspects of the game. The problem I'm seeing with Jalen Green is all offensive, his handle is not tight and needs to be improved, he actually tries to make the right pass it's just his accuracy is not great and a lot of his passes are off target. His shot is not consistent from three or mid range and sometimes when he has the ball it seems he doesn't know what he wants to do with it. Also his shot selection can be shaky at times.

He was supposed to be the best player on this Rockets team but some nights this season he hasn't been top 5 on the team (Sengun, FVV, Jabari, Brooks and Eason). I think the fact that Ime is hard on every player but more importantly Jalen plus the fact that this is now Sengun's team has shocked Jalen and he is not responding well to it.

To me I think it's time to move on from him like the Rockets had to do with Steve Francis back in the day who put up numbers on a bad team but when we got Yao Ming and playoff expectations came Francis wasn't a player that was built for that. Jalen imo is in that same boat but it's not because he is selfish or doesn't play defense it's because a player who was supposed to be a gifted scorer can't score.
Agreed but I don’t think it’s time to give up on him. Right now it’s deeper than ball. It’s all psychological. You don’t just forget how to play basketball to this extent

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps