Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The film was missing a stronger third act, more emotion, and Rutger Haeger level adversary on a philosophical level. Leto was creepy and his replicant was just simply ruthless and basic. She didn't show the level of humanity or thought provoking ideals. Even though, both characters were under completely different circumstances as Rutger's character was coping with death, cruel nature of lifespan, and life as a slave. He is a hard and complex character to top. Yet, the real substance, Other than appealing to her master in fear of retirement,was her attraction to K with him swiftly shutting her down. Her character needed more time to cook and develop. She just needed something more to her to be just more than okay.

Still a classic, but never reached Blade Runner high.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Almost glad it's flopping, Blade Runner (Final Cut) and 2049 are near perfect flicks.

I don't need this to get watered down like the Superhero /Star Wars /Lord of the Rings/Matrix/(insert big) franchises.
You shouldnt be

Studios will be less likely to take gambles on real movies

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The original Blade Runner was groundbreaking in terms of visuals and art style but the movie itself had a lot of issues. This movie was certainly better.
I don't want to hear shyt about a Director's Cut or Final Cut either, unless you're willing to give 2049 over 10 years to be re-cut too

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i did not get that from her. She can lie. She can disobey. She lied about the chief in the first place. She competed with homeboy to prove she was the better. Her tears made no sense at all from her actions.

I thought it was parallel to first scene when the new born replicant was killed. He basically said find the girl or die like this. Luv seemed to me to be shook to the core.

The tears as she killed the Chief was kind of like her going through that moment again but now she's in the shoes of the person who terrified her. I instantly thot she's becoming more like her pimp.

That must have scared her as a woman. Being sent by a man to play the Soldiers hunting Baby RepliChrist3000. I think it dialed in when she killed another woman.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Been watching all the videos on YouTube on the production design on this movie:wow:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Blade_Runner_2049_logo.png

(GRADE: B 4/5 STARS)

80's Babies Stand Up. We've got another one. 35 Years in the making. I was a young Child when Harrison ruled with Star Wars and Indy. But he had another Sci-Fi Classic up his sleeve. "Blade Runner" was slept on and underrated at the time of it's release. To the point it was considered a Box Office Flop and disappointment. Several Decades After It's Release, It's now regarded as one of the greatest Science Fiction Films of All Time and one of the most influential from it's visual effects and world building. Harrison tough cop in a robot world while overlapping it with themes of humanity and techology is what kept it playing strong on home video and television for over 30 years. One last question still remained. Was Deckard the very thing he was fighting?

Well now this year, the long awaited sequel "Blade Runner: 2049" was released. Directed by Dennis Villeneuve and Stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison returning as Deckard The Three Shorts ("Blade Runner 2022: Black, Blade Runner 2036: Nexus Dawn and Blade Runner: 2048: Nowhere to Run") all help to expand the story just as "The Animatrix" did for "The Matrix Trilogy". So the film picks up exactly over 30 years after the original, so we are in real time. The Original took place in 2019, so that's why we are in 2049. Right from the first shot and loud drums I know it was about to be on. The cinematography was crazy. The music actually lived up though not as Legendary as the first score, still very solid and paid homage in some parts but Hans Zimmer is a Legend, can't expect anything less. He collorated with Ben Walfisch on the score. It felt even more futuristic in aspects because of the visual effects and technology. Ryan "K"'s whip was dope. Love the opening scene though they spoiled it in the trailer. Some have complained about the length but I was so invested in the story it didn't matter to me. Plus I wanted a longer movie for the Long A$$ Wait for sequel, lol. (35 Years people)

I think All Three Females had strong roles. Robin Wright killed it as the Police Chief. Android Killer Slviya Hoeks was ruthless in that role. And his Virtual Girlfriend Ana Armas was convincing in the part though it reminded me of "Her" which was a good film too. Ryan has been up or down with certain roles for me but I liked him a lot in this. He was very cold and calculated but gave you glimpses of what he perceived as humanity. I thought they should of hid that he was a replicant a little longer in the story. But I like that this time we knew ok, He's a robot but it was great how it was an investigation just like the original. The action was well paced at the right time. It was a very dreamy film with the colors and tones. I think Harrison kinda came in a little late, it was like the end of the 2nd act and through the 3rd. I felt Harrison scenes could of started earlier in the 2nd act since he had the keys and could of moved the story along a little faster.

So how do I feel about the fact it went from Blade Runner to "Baby Daddy" Runner with that twist? LOL, I thought it was interesting and expands the mythology. Remember Ol' Girl was a special prototype from the Tyrell Corp and he even said they used more human elements to create her. Jared wasn't used that much but I get it, he's like a Boss in this basically. It's was about sending his henchmen android out there and completing his goal of Android domination. He sees himself as a God just as David does in the Alien series. Now did the film answer the question about Deckard? Honestly, I think it did and here's why. He would not be a replicants and have human sperm because those versions back then didn't have the human element. Ol' Girl was the first of her kind that's why it happen and she was able to get pregnant and she still died. So Yes, The Film did Answer that question to me. He was human all along, that's why he didn't have the strength to fight the Replicants in the first film and needed his gun. K was much more hard body against the Replicants.

I do believe K was the "Boy Decoy" as they saw both male and female file which is why he had her implanted memories specifically. So I guess he was maybe Deckard stepson (Hey, he has an half human have android daughter anyway) but I'm glad they didn't make him the child good misdirection. Also I don't believe the Daughter is sick, they just told her that to hide her and protect her. You see how she's right under Wallace's nose. It was cool how the film blurred the lines between humanity and technology to the point you didn't know who was real and who was a robot. Dennis gets major props from me. Yes I can see why it's not grabbing on the mainstream. It's very cerebral and asks a lot of questions that make you think about things. It also has illusions to slavery and people breaking away from oppressors.

Very strong film. My only criticisms again is the Harrison time Especially when it's still Deckard Story, it's about his family and his daughter. "K" story only intertwines with it. I do agree the pacing had some problems, especially going into the 2nd Act, that's why Harrison should of came in earlier. It was also slightly anti-climatic with you not knowing did it die or not there on the steps so it was a very artistic ending. But I did really enjoy that last fight at the end cause Ol' Android Girl "Luv" was bad, lol. It paid homage but was not a shot for shot remake. He just paid homage in the right spots which is how you do it. Believe it or not It really did set up a Third Blade Runner movie which could be even more Action Packed. Because it could be the Replicants from the Wallace Corp Vs the Resistance "Slave" Replicants and Humans in a War. So No, it wasn't better than the original but it honored it very well. It also followed all the great "Sequel Rules" that make great sequels. People are going to sleep on it just like they did the original. I stay bring on "Blade Runner: 2080" or some sh!t, lol. Now some are talking about how it do at the box office, was it really a flop? well:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $37,224,141 43.1%
+ Foreign: $49,233,908 56.9%
= Worldwide: $86,458,049

That's actually not bad at all for an "R-Rated" 3 Hour Dark Sci-Fi Film. The original did 32 Million in 1982 which adjusted for inflation to about 88-92 Million Today. Now they did drop a lot on the budget (Harrison ain't cheap folks) but it's never been a Blockbuster franchise. I said the same thing when "Alien: Covenant" Came out and people said that flopped when it's one of the highest grossing Horror Sci-Film of all time R-Rated films have a more limited audience than PG13 or PG. Blade Runner is more of an Adult Sci-fi Cult Fanbase. I watched it as a kid and thought it was cool but watching it as an adult really blew my mind because of the themes. That's why I like this sequel, it builds on the themes of the original so well. So I think this shows people are interested in the Blade Runner world. I definitely could see a third film in the future.

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
This is the kind of movie that requires a second viewing. That might actually be one of the things that saves it.

Blade_Runner_2049_logo.png

(GRADE: B 4/5 STARS)

80's Babies Stand Up. We've got another one. 35 Years in the making. I was a young Child when Harrison ruled with Star Wars and Indy. But he had another Sci-Fi Classic up his sleeve. "Blade Runner" was slept on and underrated at the time of it's release. To the point it was considered a Box Office Flop and disappointment. Several Decades After It's Release, It's now regarded as one of the greatest Science Fiction Films of All Time and one of the most influential from it's visual effects and world building. Harrison tough cop in a robot world while overlapping it with themes of humanity and techology is what kept it playing strong on home video and television for over 30 years. One last question still remained. Was Deckard the very thing he was fighting?

Well now this year, the long awaited sequel "Blade Runner: 2049" was released. Directed by Dennis Villeneuve and Stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison returning as Deckard The Three Shorts ("Blade Runner 2022: Black, Blade Runner 2036: Nexus Dawn and Blade Runner: 2048: Nowhere to Run") all help to expand the story just as "The Animatrix" did for "The Matrix Trilogy". So the film picks up exactly over 30 years after the original, so we are in real time. The Original took place in 2019, so that's why we are in 2049. Right from the first shot and loud drums I know it was about to be on. The cinematography was crazy. The music actually lived up though not as Legendary as the first score, still very solid and paid homage in some parts but Hans Zimmer is a Legend, can't expect anything less. He collorated with Ben Walfisch on the score. It felt even more futuristic in aspects because of the visual effects and technology. Ryan "K"'s whip was dope. Love the opening scene though they spoiled it in the trailer. Some have complained about the length but I was so invested in the story it didn't matter to me. Plus I wanted a longer movie for the Long A$$ Wait for sequel, lol. (35 Years people)

I think All Three Females had strong roles. Robin Wright killed it as the Police Chief. Android Killer Slviya Hoeks was ruthless in that role. And his Virtual Girlfriend Ana Armas was convincing in the part though it reminded me of "Her" which was a good film too. Ryan has been up or down with certain roles for me but I liked him a lot in this. He was very cold and calculated but gave you glimpses of what he perceived as humanity. I thought they should of hid that he was a replicant a little longer in the story. But I like that this time we knew ok, He's a robot but it was great how it was an investigation just like the original. The action was well paced at the right time. It was a very dreamy film with the colors and tones. I think Harrison kinda came in a little late, it was like the end of the 2nd act and through the 3rd. I felt Harrison scenes could of started earlier in the 2nd act since he had the keys and could of moved the story along a little faster.

So how do I feel about the fact it went from Blade Runner to "Baby Daddy" Runner with that twist? LOL, I thought it was interesting and expands the mythology. Remember Ol' Girl was a special prototype from the Tyrell Corp and he even said they used more human elements to create her. Jared wasn't used that much but I get it, he's like a Boss in this basically. It's was about sending his henchmen android out there and completing his goal of Android domination. He sees himself as a God just as David does in the Alien series. Now did the film answer the question about Deckard? Honestly, I think it did and here's why. He would not be a replicants and have human sperm because those versions back then didn't have the human element. Ol' Girl was the first of her kind that's why it happen and she was able to get pregnant and she still died. So Yes, The Film did Answer that question to me. He was human all along, that's why he didn't have the strength to fight the Replicants in the first film and needed his gun. K was much more hard body against the Replicants.

I do believe K was the "Boy Decoy" as they saw both male and female file which is why he had her implanted memories specifically. So I guess he was maybe Deckard stepson (Hey, he has an half human have android daughter anyway) but I'm glad they didn't make him the child good misdirection. Also I don't believe the Daughter is sick, they just told her that to hide her and protect her. You see how she's right under Wallace's nose. It was cool how the film blurred the lines between humanity and technology to the point you didn't know who was real and who was a robot. Dennis gets major props from me. Yes I can see why it's not grabbing on the mainstream. It's very cerebral and asks a lot of questions that make you think about things. It also has illusions to slavery and people breaking away from oppressors.

Very strong film. My only criticisms again is the Harrison time Especially when it's still Deckard Story, it's about his family and his daughter. "K" story only intertwines with it. I do agree the pacing had some problems, especially going into the 2nd Act, that's why Harrison should of came in earlier. It was also slightly anti-climatic with you not knowing did it die or not there on the steps so it was a very artistic ending. But I did really enjoy that last fight at the end cause Ol' Android Girl "Luv" was bad, lol. It paid homage but was not a shot for shot remake. He just paid homage in the right spots which is how you do it. Believe it or not It really did set up a Third Blade Runner movie which could be even more Action Packed. Because it could be the Replicants from the Wallace Corp Vs the Resistance "Slave" Replicants and Humans in a War. So No, it wasn't better than the original but it honored it very well. It also followed all the great "Sequel Rules" that make great sequels. People are going to sleep on it just like they did the original. I stay bring on "Blade Runner: 2080" or some sh!t, lol. Now some are talking about how it do at the box office, was it really a flop? well:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $37,224,141 43.1%
+ Foreign: $49,233,908 56.9%
= Worldwide: $86,458,049

That's actually not bad at all for an "R-Rated" 3 Hour Dark Sci-Fi Film. The original did 32 Million in 1982 which adjusted for inflation to about 88-92 Million Today. Now they did drop a lot on the budget (Harrison ain't cheap folks) but it's never been a Blockbuster franchise. I said the same thing when "Alien: Covenant" Came out and people said that flopped when it's one of the highest grossing Horror Sci-Film of all time R-Rated films have a more limited audience than PG13 or PG. Blade Runner is more of an Adult Sci-fi Cult Fanbase. I watched it as a kid and thought it was cool but watching it as an adult really blew my mind because of the themes. That's why I like this sequel, it builds on the themes of the original so well. So I think this shows people are interested in the Blade Runner world. I definitely could see a third film in the future.