Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
s
Seen more movies then you and like your paragraph stated, in the end it doesnt matter therefore the goofy snow metaphor should have been edited out and the screentime used for something that actually matters.
I'm not saying it doesn't matter.

the scenes serve to state through two exact opposites that regardless of the life you live, you can always find purpose if you can appreciate what life offers you (how little that may seem).

movie was garbage. No closure to the long ass movie. Good or bad closure would have made the 164 minute movie at least a little worth it.

No character development for the main antagonist replicant. She is caught crying multiple times early in the movie but THEY NEVER EXPLAIN WHY BECAUSE SHE IS LIKE A MERCILESS PSYCHO THE REST OF IT. Someone please explain the point of her tears? Just an utterly depressing movie with no real point. No one explains their emotions. They just shed a random tear or stare awkwardly at the screen. We are not mind readers. Either explain their motivations thru their words or actions.
Her entire character is pretty much shown in the first scene with Leto. She sees how expendable and worthless the replicants are to him, and does everything she can to stay in his favor. Remember that even as he is focused on the new model, he keeps one "eye" on her the entire time. And even though he calls her the "best" angel of all at the end of the scene, it is clearly not a compliment, it's a demand.

The other time she cries is when she loses sight of K and has to get the information of the police chief, and here she faces someone who dares to do something she could never do, and that is to refuse to comply even in the face of death. The chief in fact is noticeably stoic even as the glass in her hand and her hand itself is broken, because she is someone who fully stands behind her beliefs.

Luv on the other hand is a slave, an obedient dog chasing a child that will mark the end of her generation of "barren" replicants, herself included. But it is the only thing keeping her alive now, and she does not want to die.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying it doesn't matter.

the scenes serve to state through two exact opposites that regardless of the life you live, you can always find purpose if you can appreciate what life offers you (how little that may seem).

Her entire character is pretty much shown in the first scene with Leto. She sees how expendable and worthless the replicants are to him, and does everything she can to stay in his favor. Remember that even as he is focused on the new model, he keeps one "eye" on her the entire time. And even though he calls her the "best" angel of all at the end of the scene, it is clearly not a compliment, it's a demand.

The other time she cries is when she loses sight of K and has to get the information of the police chief, and here she faces someone who dares to do something she could never do, and that is to refuse to comply even in the face of death. The chief in fact is noticeably stoic even as the glass in her hand and her hand itself is broken, because she is someone who fully stands behind her beliefs.

Luv on the other hand is a slave, an obedient dog chasing a child that will mark the end of her generation of "barren" replicants, herself included. But it is the only thing keeping her alive now, and she does not want to die.

i did not get that from her. She can lie. She can disobey. She lied about the chief in the first place. She competed with homeboy to prove she was the better. Her tears made no sense at all from her actions.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i did not get that from her. She can lie. She can disobey. She lied about the chief in the first place. She competed with homeboy to prove she was the better. Her tears made no sense at all from her actions.
She said she would lie because she wanted to kill the chief for doing something she cannot do, and that is stick to her beliefs. Again, she is only an obedient puppy to Wallace because she's afraid he'll throw her out. That's also why she "competed" with K at the end, she wanted to "prove" that she is the still the "best angel" that Wallace has created because that's the only bit of self-worth she has.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
movie was garbage. No closure to the long ass movie. Good or bad closure would have made the 164 minute movie at least a little worth it.

No character development for the main antagonist replicant. She is caught crying multiple times early in the movie but THEY NEVER EXPLAIN WHY BECAUSE SHE IS LIKE A MERCILESS PSYCHO THE REST OF IT. Someone please explain the point of her tears? Just an utterly depressing movie with no real point. No one explains their emotions. They just shed a random tear or stare awkwardly at the screen. We are not mind readers. Either explain their motivations thru their words or actions.
Buh buh buht cant you see it shows how the line between human and replicant is blurred. :sadbron:

Hey lets waste 20 minutes trying to take Harrison Ford off world for epic torture then turn around randomly befote we even get there and have a corny fight scene on the shoreline. Lets never show the main villains reaction to anything that ended the movie

:mindblown:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I haven't really read much of what people thought but I felt like they were showing Leto was kind of wasting his time trying to find the child. He was obsessed with how Tyrell got the replicants to procreate so he could replicate the process and in turn have replicants build themselves in perpetuity but I thought it was shown that the experiment was a failure. Rachael died giving birth and the child's immune system came out so fukked up she had to live her life in isolation. So neither the mother or daughter were capable of bearing more children. The line stopped with 1. Seemed like they were chasing something that was never gonna work

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Buh buh buht cant you see it shows how the line between human and replicant is blurred. :sadbron:

Hey lets waste 20 minutes trying to take Harrison Ford off world for epic torture then turn around randomly befote we even get there and have a corny fight scene on the shoreline. Lets never show the main villains reaction to anything that ended the movie

:mindblown:

love the spoiler you dropped. Absolutely no closure at all. Worst ending ever.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
1zq4myb.jpg

Joi :noah:

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Good movie. Too slow for the general public though. Got a question...

How did K specifically get implanted with the daughter's memories? K is the genetic duplicate and memory duplicate right? How could she have pulled that off?

Or was it Deckard that implanted the memories?

Deckards daughter (the memory maker) did it which is why she cried viewing the memory.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I haven't really read much of what people thought but I felt like they were showing Leto was kind of wasting his time trying to find the child. He was obsessed with how Tyrell got the replicants to procreate so he could replicate the process and in turn have replicants build themselves in perpetuity but I thought it was shown that the experiment was a failure. Rachael died giving birth and the child's immune system came out so fukked up she had to live her life in isolation. So neither the mother or daughter were capable of bearing more children. The line stopped with 1. Seemed like they were chasing something that was never gonna work

I'm pretty sure the immune system stuff was a lie they told her so that people wouldn't come looking for her and she wouldn't go looking for her parents. They also told her they were going off world, when they really weren't.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Breh

TRON LEGACY:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $172,062,763 43.0%
+ Foreign: $228,000,000 57.0%
= Worldwide: $400,062,763
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $44,026,211
(#1 rank, 3,451 theaters, $12,758 average)
% of Total Gross: 25.6%
> View All 17 Weekends
Widest Release: 3,451 theaters
Close Date: April 14, 2011
In Release: 119 days / 17 weeks

Blade Runner 2049

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $32,750,000 39.9%
+ Foreign: $49,233,908 60.1%
= Worldwide: $81,983,908
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $32,750,000
(#1 rank, 4,058 theaters, $8,070 average)
% of Total Gross:

Fail to outdraw Garrett Hedlund brehs :scust:
Had to bring this here...terrible flop

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Don't know why ppl are surprised this flopped, gosling has never been a draw, ppl mention lala land for dear life when it succeeded in spite of him.. The movie also isn't a crowd pleasing popcorn blockbuster, it demands the viewer's attention and it's long with little action.
Lol it's really not that deep I just took it as a great effect to show tho a replicant she's an unpredictable unstable psycho

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:leon:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just realized..

Ana De Armas is like a better looking cuter Riley Reid :skip:

But yeah I could see this being her breakout role
Not if feminists have their say

Ps if she does some how blow up mia Kirschner is going to be like :bryan: