Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I didn't care, but I saw it at a 10:30 showing and about 5 people walked out near the third act, and multiple people pulled out their phones to check the time

I generally don't mind long movies, especially like this where there's alot to observe

I'm going again tomorrow
It likely hurt the chances of this succeeding by being that long

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
eh, know ur trolling so what's the point :ld:
So i really liked the movie im jist fukkong with you? :mjlol:

Or you just have no legit response to some of this bs. Movie was too long and for the length lacked world building. I should have come out this film indoctrinated into the culture of blade runner.

Even the scene with harrison and the joker felt a little awkard like they both werent on board with what they were supposed to be doing in that scene

livewire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie was dope..the pace gets you a little fatigued...but besides that it was awesome...

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cells interlinked within cells interlinked
Within one stem
And dreadfully distinct
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

000.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's UNIMAGINABLE that Roger Deakins is still Oscar-less.
I feel awful for him but I really think he's gonna lose to hoyte van hoytema. The academy has really only shown sci-fi films love in the visual effects category the past few years. Only Gravity and Inception got the cinematography oscars. Even the prognosticators have Dunkirk slightly ahead for the award. I would love for him to win it though. I think cinematography will easily be the tightest race next year.

Bluray/Digital sales should be good.

Yes this will make a killing on VOD and bluray
Why is this guy so bad at making movies :wtf:

Everyone coming out of the theater was like what the fukk is this bull:mindblown:
Call the best director of the past 5 years "bad at making movies", brehs

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I feel awful for him but I really think he's gonna lose to hoyte van hoytema. The academy has really only shown sci-fi films love in the visual effects category the past few years. Only Gravity and Inception got the cinematography oscars. Even the prognosticators have Dunkirk slightly ahead for the award. I would love for him to win it though. I think cinematography will easily be the tightest race next year.

Yes this will make a killing on VOD and bluray

Call the best director of the past 5 years "bad at making movies", brehs
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Tell me why the snowflakes were important to the story

Probably to amp up the scene.
  • The city was grimy, dirty, dark and lifeless except for the advertising.
  • The abandon city is being consumed with sand radiation, a sign that its past was buried.
  • The snow represents freedom, light, hope and peace.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Not sure I even care if this flips or not, the. Doesn't seem to be part of a trend or damaging to the prospects of similar films getting made.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Just came back from watching this and I really liked it. The cinemaphotography was amazing and the score set the tones of each scene perfectly. The pacing of the film does fatigue you a bit but I was still entertained throughout the entire film.

I won’t talk about the story because I don’t wanna spoil but the film but you will definitely like this if you’re a fan of the original.